- The Department of Homeland Security is a nationwide department that focuses on keeping our country safe.
Secretary of the DHS
The secretary of DHS is John F. Kelly. He is a retired marine corps general. He has been secretary for 2 weeks as of February 3rd 2017. He is very smart and strategic and is a very good secretary for the DHS
- Some agencies are:
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Transportation Security Administration.
- United States Coast Guard.
- National Protection and Programs Directorate.
- United States Secret Service.
The DHS Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee (DPIAC) provides advice at the request of the Secretary of Homeland Security and the DHS Chief Privacy Officer on programmatic, policy, operational, administrative, and technological issues within DHS that relate to personally identifiable information, as well as data integrity and other privacy-related matters.
Some projects that the DHS is working on are Data Privacy, and mobile device security which keeps our stuff safe
A recent issue is Immigration Enforcement. This is an issue because of Donald Trump's travel ban. Donald Trump's travel ban has caused a lot of controversy in the nation because they had the ban for a few days before it was removed. Now if it is reinstated then what do they do with the people that they let in?
The DHS works in the civilian sphere to protect the United States within, at, and outside its borders. Its stated goal is to prepare for, prevent, and respond to domestic emergencies, particularly terrorism.
- Google images
- Media defense