Forsyth County Schools:
- Georgia's 7th largest school district
- Home to over 46,400 students and 5,300 staff members
- Made up of 37 schools: 21 ES, 10 MS, 6 HS
- Will be opening 2 more HS in fall of 2018
Ruth Allen--Instructional Technology Specialist for Secondary Schools
- HS Math Teacher for 11 years
- School Based ITS for 8 years
- County Office ITS for 4 years
Partnership with itslearning:
- In 2010, FCS was awarded i3 Federal Grant for Engage ME P.L.E.A.S.E.
- In Fall of 2012, began partnership with itslearning to replace our learning management system.
Rollout of itslearning:
- After conducting optional summer training in 2013, rolled itslearning out to all schools in the district.
- Grant allowed for the the creation of county based ITS to conduct school based trainings.
First Year Learning Curve:
- Optional Adoption for Schools
- Itslearning Building Product to Meet Our Needs (Library and Recommendation Engine)
- School Staff Information Courses
- School Student Information Courses
- County Level Collaboration Courses
- School Level Collaboration Courses
Online Learning Days
- County Plan
- Common Course Template for Consistency
- Mandatory Trainings for Schools
- Daily Posting of Lessons on Planner
- Blended Learning
- Online Learning Days made needs know.
- County loans devices to students.
- Partnership with Kajeet to provide wireless hotspots.
- BYOT Foundation supports the program.