Praise God for Linda Weber, missionary to Lamorlaye, France, and her lifetime of service to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
- Opportunities for Linda to meet face to face again with Angelica, Alimata, Justine, Heide, Valerie, Diane, Jean-Pierre, Dorothée, and Hanane!
- Linda's new friend, Chris, who she met on one of her walks during the lock down. After a conversation, she invited her by for tea. Chris then invited Linda to dinner to meet her daughter and her daughter's friend. Chris and her daughter are atheists and the companion is Muslim. It was the beginning of a lovely relationship that we pray will lead to an introduction to Jesus and a new life for them!
- For Chris, her daughter, and her daughter's friend to hear Linda's words and recognize the voice of the Good Shepherd ("...his sheep follow him because they know his voice." John 10:4)
- For continued good conversations with Angelica, Alimata, Justine, Heide, Valerie, Diane, Jean-Pierre, Dorothée, and Hanane, and opportunities to share the Gospel.
Our partner church, Mathare Worship Centre in Nairobi, Kenya, continues to minister to the surrounding slum. Cases of Covid-19 continue to rise and the lock down of Nairobi to entry or exit has been extended to July 7. Schools are still closed with an anticipated opening date of September. Police brutality is also a rising concern in the slums. Warning: the video below does contain some graphic images.
- Quarantine has been lifted from Eastleigh, the community next to Mathare Valley, which allows day laborers from Mathare to work again. This is the main source of income for most of the people living in Mathare Valley slum. However, recent Compassion International statistics say that 4 out of 5 adults in the slums are unable to work at this time, and most people in the area are skipping meals because of lack of work, money, and food.
- Hope's Promise - Sanctuary of Hope 's 24 teens continue their evacuation with Pastor & Mama Karau and their other caregivers, including Pastor Steve Kariithi's wife and 3 children, in Meru, the family's ancestral home north of Nairobi.
- Pastor Steve was able to meet with the pastors Mathare Worship Centre's 12 daughter churches to discuss the future of orphan care in Kenya. This is a difficult concept culturally, complicated by corruption in the foster care system. The pastors have identified a couple of cases and Steve continues to communicate and pray to determine if they are the “next child(ren)” for Hope’s Promise (HP) Kenya.
- For peace and justice in Mathare.
- For wisdom as Mathare Worship Centre encourages their congregation as they reach out in the midst of police violence, protests, and coronavirus.
- For peace for the 24 HP Sanctuary of Hope teens as they process the unrest and coronavirus in Mathare Valley slum.
- For Pastor Steve's wife and three young children as they continue into a 3rd month of separation from one another. The family is safe in Meru in Northern Kenya, but Steve continues to minister in Nairobi. (Praise God! Pastor Steve just shared that he was able to get a pass to visit last week!)
- For wisdom as Pastor Steve continues to communicate and pray with the Kenyan churches regarding the future of orphan care, and the children they have identified as possibilities for HP Sanctuary of Hope homes.
- HP caregivers are looking into on-line options until universities accept new students in September (anticipated date). Pray for Janet and Geoffrey and also for Faith, assisted by HP with education expenses, who are all waiting to start university. Pray for discernment for these young people in deciding on programs.
- HP staff are also looking into refurbished laptops and online curriculum for all the kids to continue their education until schools start again.
- for Janice Evans' continued faithful service to the Gospel in Ukraine.
- Their church plant has resumed meeting last month. Some youth that Janice had just met the last time they had church saw her on the street and said over and over that they missed them and were anxiously awaiting for church to begin meeting in person again.
- Janice continues to plan to visit Hannah, a close friend from Africa who lives in Janice's previous home city. Hannah can now leave the country so Janice will travel to see her soon. Ask for prayer for their remaining time together, and that God would speak to her heart while Janice is there. Hannah says she is a Christian, but she is easily influenced by other beliefs and religions. Also please pray for Janice's trip - safety, working trains, & quarantine changes. Please pray for Janice to have boldness in sharing Christ with Hannah and her other friends. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20
- Next month, Janice needs to begin work on her visa. This is always a complicated process, and there is not yet a train going to that city post-quarantine.
Praise God for a successful outreach by Cross Centered Records last week!
They served the homeless community in Dorchester park. During this time, many heard the gospel and a couple of people received rides to church the following day. Others received clothing, fresh food, and water. Using the avenue of Christian hip-hop, Cross Centered was able to share Jesus’ love within this community.
Created with an image by Soroush Karimi - "I was really happy when I saw Eiffel tower. Like really really happy. It was rainy and gloomy but perfect."