Learning Goal: To review principles of assessment and evaluation
Success Criteria: I'm looking for accurate interpretation of Growing Success in an authentic context, as demonstrated through conversations and products
Some tools work better with particular modes than others.
Try to avoid always using only one tool.
Advice for Developing Assessment Plans:
- Get the unit plan right. Everything depends on that.
- Use a variety of modes and tools
- Do not overburden yourself with marking
- Be sure to include self- and peer- assessment
Your unit plan does not need to be annotated and must include:
- 1 - 2 day inquiry activity
- Clearly marked flexible days
- All assessments that will be assigned marks (evaluations)
Homework: Choose one piece of software or hardware you might use for senior science and come prepared to discuss how you might use it pedagogically. Also plan to discuss the cost and equipment/materials needed to make it work.