Assignment 01 - What is Media?
- 1.1 - Identify different types of media techniques and technology;
- 1.2 - Outline the uses of different media techniques and technology.
SUBMISSION - Once you have created your infographic, download it and email it to Mr Wilkinson.
Assignment 02 - Planning
Use your Adobe Spark account to create a 30 second Spark Video which describes the stages of production for create a poster. You may wish to do some additional research on other models of workflow for graphic design.
Make sure your video covers the following assessment criteria:
- 2.1 - Identify key stages of planning;
Next, write a plan for the client brief below. This could be as a word document, email, powerpoint or another format. The plan should cover all of the information below:
- what the media project will be about;
- what will happen at each stage of your workflow;
- what technology or techniques will be used at each stage;
- how the work will be presented;
- a break down of any costs for you or the client;
- how long each stage will take;
- Who will be involved and what they will do.
Assignment 02 - Client Brief
You have received the following email.
"Dear Solihull Academy Graphic Design Team.
My name is Richard and I work on the Youth Engagement Team for Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
Following a recent campaign to reduce hate crime in Solihull, we noticed that a video made by young people (aged 12 - 16) has had the biggest impact on reducing incidents. As a result, we would like you to design web pages for a youth website called Solihull Solidarity. The aim of the website is to educate and inform people in Solihull about hate crime, why it's bad, what they can do to help stop it and what to do if they are a victim. We would like the web pages to cover the following:
- Sexual orientation,
- Gender identity,
- Race or ethnicity,
- Religious belief (including non-belief).
Thank you for your involvement in the project.
Please can you send me a plan for your team in the next two weeks.
SMBC Youth Engagement Officer