Behaviors and Adaptations
www.bing.com " A sand shark found in a shark aquarium "
- When living in captivity they tend to live longer, Both sexes only lives about 7 years.
- They are free thinkers but can be found in groups of 20 or more.
- These sharks are ovoviviparous so their eggs evolve in the uterus until birth , which last up to 9 months to a year.
- They are mostly inactive but at night the real hunt begin.
- They are able to gulp air from above the surface and collect the air in their stomach , which enables them to become buoyant and approach their prey virtually motionless.
- They are no unprovoked attacks from this shark on record.
- They are generally very gentle and attempt to avoid conflict with humans.
- They are caught to be put in captivity such as aquarium tanks.
" Welcome to our waters "