We've crunched the numbers .....
- 222 Active TechSpace Sites in youth organisations & volunteer clubs across Ireland.
- 311 Active educators engaging in TechSpace Activities.
- 31 Active funded & volunteer Cluster Coordinators.
- 10 National Creative Consultants.
- 200 Educators trained in STEM in Youth Work Maker activities.
- 5 Training Packages - Digital Media, STEM in Youth Work, Clár TechSpace, Computer Science, 3D Printing Pilot
- 11 Students undertaking the Level 8 Certificate in Digital Creativity with Camara and Maynooth University
Camara Education Ireland Team 2018
- Marianne Checkley - CEI CEO
- Janice Feighery - CEI Programme Director, Education & Training
- Jen Hesnan - TechSpace Programme Manager
- Matthew McCallion - TechSpace STEM Project Officer
- Ciaran Eaton - TechSpace Digital Media Officer
- Elaine Scahill - Comhordaitheoir Clár TechSpace
- Féilim O Haolain - Creative Tech Fest Production Manager
- Ben Dardis - CEI Marketing & Business Development Officer
- Eoghan Keegan - Schools & Community Programme Coordinator
- Kerri-Ellen Casey - TechSpace Content Creator
- Paul Amond CS TechSpace Coordinator
- Aidan Fitzmaurice CS Project Officer
- Séamus Ó Fátharta - Oifigeach Tionscadail TechSpace
Welcoming Marianne, CEI's new CEO! Welcoming Creative genius to the TechSpace Team also with - Ciaran, Seamus, Paul, Aidan, Kerri-Ellen and Feilim - Watch this space!
Creative Tech Fest 2017 Happened!
- 250+ Young Person Attendance
- 65+ Educator Attendance
- 15 Workshops
- 18 Awards & Prizes
- TechSpacer of the year: Adam King - 3D Printer
- Educator of the year: Ruairi Kelly
Creative Tech Fest Awards 2018
- Best Photograph - People, Places, Wildlife, Fashion, Sports, Abstract. With so much inspiration around, you can enter as many as you like. Remember, the best camera to have is the one you have with you. We can’t wait to see your work!
- Best GIF - We love loops here at TechFest. So make your favourite image move and express yourself in GIF format. The more original the better!
- Best Photoshop Editing - Transform old black and white prints with vivid colours. Reimagine scenes with new textures and backgrounds. From subtle changes to glitch art, take your Photoshop to the next level for TechFest’s Photoshop Editing Award.
- Best Short Video - Get creative with those phones and cameras! We want to see your original stories, documentaries and sketches on the big screen! 10 mins or less.
- Best Music Video - Creativity without boundaries. It’s no wonder so many directors start out with music videos. Make your song/beat go viral with stand-out visuals, graphics and transitions.
- Create with purpose award - This prize will be awarded to the short film with the biggest social impact, delivered through a compelling message and developed from a well planned story and best use of screen time. The message is up to you! #CreateWithPurpose
- Best Design - Design comes in many forms, whether you’ve designed a logo, created a poster or even designed your own website, this category is open to all things design. We are sure you’ve already created something that can be submitted to the Design Awards so what are you waiting for!
Sound Production Award
- Best Sound Production - Get closer to the mic for TechFest’s Sound Production category! This special award is open to all TechSpacers with an interest in everything audio. No matter what your format, we think great sounding work deserves to be heard and cannot wait to hear yours. So start applying!
Cúpla Focail with TechSpace
- Bliain na Gaeilge Award- To celebrate Bliain na Gaeilge this award will be for those who would like to try their cúpla focail with a short video, poster or a song as Gaeilge! This award is especially for those whom wouldn't speak Irish in their day to day and would like to give it a go! Get creating- TechSpace Abú!
NYCI TechSpace STEM in Youth Work Maker Awards
- Best STEM Racers - Build your very own STEM Racer using the guide now available in the educator shared drive and on www.CreativeTechFest.com . We want to see the most creative cars you can make!
- MaKey MaKey Master - The MaKey MaKey Master Award is for the most creative and innovative MaKey MaKey creation. The MaKey MaKey can be used to make so many different types of projects we are sure you will have fun with this one whether it’s your own game of operation, an interactive model of your centre or even a funky band of instruments!
- STEMbassador - The STEMbassador award is for those who think outside the box by creating pieces we can’t even begin to imagine or by completing a new kit from online! Anything goes in the STEMbassador category!
TechSpacer of the Year
- We are putting an open call out to all TechSpace Educators to submit an application form for a TechSpacer within their group to win 2018’s TechSpacer of the Year Award! Last year Adam King from Blanchardstown won a 3D printer sponsored by Inver and he has since created his own business with it!
Duaiseanna Clár TechSpace
- Cruthaigh le Cuspóir: Bí ag cruthú le cuspóir! Seo duais oscailte d'aon saghas tionscnaimh a léiríonn cruthaitheacht agus a léiríonn go bhfuil an ghrúpa tar éis dul i ngleic le téama atá spéis acu ann. Léireoidh buaiteoirí an duais seo go dteastaíonn uathu tionchar dearfach a bheith acu ar an sochaí! Tosaigí ag cruthú!
- Duais Físiúil: Bí ag samhlú, ag cruthú agus bí spreagtha chun grianghraif, póstaeir, físeáin, beochán, nó aon ní físiúil a chuir ar aghaidh chugainn! Beidh an duais ag dul chuig an dream a léiríonn ábhar bríomhar agus nuálaíocht ina gcuid oibre!
- Duais Fuaime: Bí ag ceilliúradh ceol na teanga agus cur isteach ar duais fuaime! Má bhíonn tú ag canadh nó ag seinm, ag scríobh amhráin nó ag cur cláracha raidío le chéile, seo do sheans aitheantas a fháil ar an sár obair idir láimhe! Tá muid ar bís go gcloisimid sibh!
Educator of the Year
- This year we are putting an open call out to all TechSpacers to nominate your Educator to win this years Educator of the Year Award! So if you have a colleague, volunteer or youth leader that you think deserves to be acknowledged make sure you gear up to fill out a submission form!
Computer Science @ Foróige TechSpace
- Innovative Award - A young person with an ionnovative idea for a computer science award? Send it in!
- Inventive Award - Somebody has invented something? That could change the world or even just actually looks cool... send it in!
- Creative Computer Science Project .. For the young coder, the creator the IT head...let them know their creations matter.
Awards submissions strictly close on October 5th!
Workshop & Ticket Allocation Info Coming Soon!
TechSpace @ Dublin Maker
This year TechSpace will be back at Dublin Maker with more room for exhibitions than ever before!
We want you and your groups to come along, join in on the fun and show off any cool stuff you have been making, like your scribble bots, makey makey creations or mono amplifiers!
Dublin maker takes place on Saturday July 21st from 10am - 6pm. If you would like to come along on the day email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more info see www.dublinmaker.ie
What's available this year for educators?
Digital Media - Digital Media Training | Creative Tech Support | Mojo Development | Equipment Grants | Resources
Clár TechSpace - Samhlaigh | Cruthaigh | Spreag i gCige Chonnacht. Mumhan agus Uladh
NYCI TechSpace STEM in Youth Work Maker Project - STEM Training | Learning Network Meetings | Equipment | UpSkilling | Events
CS3 @ Foróige TechSpace - Computer Science Training for Foróige Youth Projects | Equipment | Creative Tech Support | Cluster Coordinators
NUI Certificate in Digital Creativity in Youth Settings - Level 8 Certificate for educators working in the fields of creativity, technology, education and youth development. Students will complete the course in October with the next student intake in January 2019. More information here.
Erasmus+ SkillIT for youth - Two year project led by Youth Work Ireland with European partners from Romania, Poland, Norway and Ireland. A research led project focussed on the future employability skills of youth and organisational competences required to adapt to the changing needs of young people in a technological world.
Erasmus + Digital Youth Work - Two year project led by YouthLink Scotland with European partners from Finland, Austria, Germany, Denmark and Ireland. The project aims to support the development of digital youth work, creativity, self-expression and social inclusion in the field of youth work.
8 Volunteer led CDYSB volunteer led clubs got involved last year. Building on the successes of this partnership, we aim to further develop the TechSpace Programme for CDYSB Volunteer Clubs and Groups and double the impact in 2018. A new Cluster Coordinator - Maurice Noble - has been appointed to support CDYSB Clubs and Groups to Support Volunteers to deliver TechSpace activities with young people our Digital Media Officer Ciaran Eaton.
- Creative Tech Support Sessions and CTF Inspiration Boxes Will be offered to local CDYSB Volunteer led clubs for existing staff and volunteers who have completed the TechSpace training -
New Training Course to be delivered ( Free of Charge ) to new interested clubs & groups from CDYSB and a dedicated Workshop for Volunteer Youth leaders.
Inver sponsor local communities to establish Creative TechSpace Hubs -
Foróige Galway City Youth Cafe, Co Galway
Mullingar EYE, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
Foróige MidWest Youth Space, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Foróige TechSpace Limerick, The Limerick Learning Hub, Co. Limerick
Foróige TechSpace Listowel, Listowel, Co. Kerry
Thurles Youth Work Ireland, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
Tralee KDYS, Tralee Youth Centre, Co. Kerry
Castlebar Big Brother Big Sister Centre, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Kilkenny Rita Comerford, The Drum, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny
Clare Youth Services, Ennis, Co. Clare
With Inver’s support we are adding two new Inver sites to the Inver TechSpace network : Birr and Longford
Onsite Creative Support Session - We hope you’ll attend your nearest Creative Support Session over the coming months. Open to all previous Digital Media trainees, this is a great opportunity to explore ongoing trends, refresh your skills and discuss ongoing youth work projects with a focus on the upcoming Creative TechFest in November. Stay tuned for dates!
Online Creative Support Session - Can’t make it to the session? No problem. We can arrange an online hangout session at a time that suits you and your group.
The fastest way to reach us! Email: email@example.com - Digital Media Officer or Phone +353 (0)1 65 22 665
Clár TechSpace is continuing it's national roll out!
Clár TechSpace delivered two trainings in Munster, one in Cork and one in Kerry in September 2017. Now 16 educators are delivering TechSpace projects in their schools and youth settings across Kerry, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford. The work from the young people is already impressive and many of the groups submitted projects in as part of Tech Féile 2018!
Clár TechSpace is expanding to Ulster and Leinster and information sessions will take place in November 2018. Digital Media trainings will take place in both areas in February 2019. We are really excited to continue the national rollout of Clár Techspace. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The Clár TechSpace team on the ground are expanding!
In partnership with Foróige, Aoife, the Clár Techspace Cluster Coordinator for Connaught, has been delivering Creative Consultant Meet Ups for young people in Connaught, as part of this she delivered a MoJo workshop on the Aran Islands #mojo! She also supported 5 educators and young people in Connaught to deliver a Hologram workshop at Tech Féile! Well done to Aoife and all the team who delivered an amazing workshop!
Clár TechSpace Munster is getting a new Cluster Coordinator!
A Cluster Coordinator for Munster is due to begin employment with Foróige based in Cork this person will be available to support existing sites in Munster in Kerry, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford.