Often we need to meet with someone but can't get together. Either we're in different locations or our schedules don't align. Email and texting isn't sufficient to collaborate or solve a problem. What to do?
Video conferencing is a powerful professional tool, not just an easy way to stay in touch with family and friends.
How could you use Google Hangouts for these reasons or others to communicate?
- Teacher on another campus
- Parent of a student unable to make it to a parent-teacher conference
- A student who has been sick and can't come to school
- Expert in another location
- Student-to-student classroom discussion
Video Hangouts can have up to 15 participants at once and will switch as each person speaks. Real-time chat, video conferencing and screen sharing is built in.
Add a video call within the calendar event and all participants have the link handy
Notice how Hangouts don't really end. They stay in your chat list until you archive or leave the conversation
You can also manage the bandwidth if your network is limited
Let's tie it all together and review
- Gmail can streamline communication and help keep you organized so things don't fall through the cracks
- Google Hangouts fosters real-time communication and can expand the walls of your classroom
- Google Sites helps you showcase your students' learning with the larger school community
- Google Calendar helps you stay organized in the many facets of your life and can improve efficiency of meetings