HOME RUN DERBY
UChicago Softball split with rival Washington-St. Louis on the road and then returned home in stellar fashion Monday, crushing three long balls en route to two wins over North Park. The two wins also gave Head Coach Ruth Kmak her 400th career win.
- Thursday, April 5: Aurora at UChicago (DH), 3/5PM CT
- Monday, April 9: Hope at UChicago (DH), 3/5PM CT
MONDAY, APRIL 2: UChicago 12, North Park 4 / UChicago 8, North Park 4
MARCH 30: UChicago 10, Washington-St. Louis 5 / Washington-St. Louis 9, UChicago 0
THREE FOR FOUR
The Maroons returned to the state of Illinois after their Spring Break trip to win two games at Illinois College and go 1-1 in their home-opening double header vs. Beloit.
- Saturday, April 7: Central (Iowa) at UChicago (DH), 12p/3p CT
MONDAY, APRIL 2: Beloit 4, UChicago 1 / UChicago 8, Beloit 1
SATURDAY, MARCH 31: UChicago 14, Illinois College 0 / UChicago 7, Illinois College 1
Six members of the UChicago Track & Field teams won individual event titles at last week's Viking Olympics -- the Maroons' 2018 Outdoor Opener.
- Benedictine Relays
- When: Friday-Saturday, April 13-14
- Where: Lisle, Ill.
Women's Top Finishers
- 1500 – Cassidy McPherson (1st, 4:49.18); Emma Dyer (2nd, 4:54.06); Sophia Smith (5th, 5:02.73)
- 100 hurdles – Olivia Cattau (5th, 16.04)
- 800 – Maddie DeVoe (1st, 2:19.58); Katie Jasminski (3rd, 2:21.60)
- 400 hurdles – Rachel Gagnon (6th, 1:13.15); Ella Parker (7th, 1:13.71)
- 5,000 – Khia Kurtenbach (1st, 17:29.55); Abigail Shoemaker (3rd, 18:16.31); Taylor Campos (6th, 18:34.70)
- High jump – Ade Ayoola (1st, 1.60m)
- Triple jump – Jasmine Guerrier (7th, 9.51m)
- Shot put – Ade Ayoola (7th, 10.89m)
- Hammer throw – Merisa Middlestadt (6th, 36.33m)
Men's Top Finishers
- 4x400 relay – Marwan Lloyd, Jason Chao, Anthony Kies, Elliott Paintsil (4th, 44.79)
- 1500 – Ryan Cutter (1st, 4:00.04)
- 100 – Tyson Miller (4th, 11.24)
- 400 – Ben Chaimberg (7th, 51.24)
- 200 – Tyson Miller (3rd, 22.04)
- 5,000 – Peter Kreuch (2nd, 15:11.00); Andrew Kates (3rd, 15:15.09)
- Pole vault – Nathan Downey (1st, 4.60m)
- Shot put – Alexander Scott (3rd, 14.60m)
- Hammer throw – Alexander Scott (4th, 43.15); Christopher Dann (6th, 40.26m)
- Javelin – Cristen Bublitz (2nd, 48.88m); Will Ackerman (5th, 45.74m)
BACK ON THE COURT
After 13 days off, the UChicago Women's Tennis squad returns to action in Madison, Wis., with the two-day, three-match Midwest Invite April 6-7. The Maroons enter the event with a 10-3 overall dual record.
- What: Midwest Invite
- Where: Madison, Wis.
- When: Friday-Saturday. Maroons take on Augustana Friday at 7:30 AM CT.
MAROONS MAKE TOP 10
At the conclusion of the winter sports season, the UChicago remains ranked in the top 10 in the latest 2017-18 Division III Learfield Directors' Cup standings. The Maroons are in eighth place with spring season yet to complete.
VOTE FOR WAA's SPECIAL OLYMPICS STORY
Help The University of Chicago Women's Athletic Association's Special Olympics Chicago/Special Children's Charities fundraising story earn the NCAA Division III's best for April! The winner of the poll earns $500 for WAA's next Special Olympics event! Voting is open until April 25.
Patrick Gorski, Nicole Watkins, Stephan Bates, John Booz, Norman Cohen