weekly school News
You will receive an email from the office each Friday afternoon/evening that will provide you with the latest information/news regarding MIS. You should also receive correspondence from your child's teachers each Friday or Monday with classroom/grade level updates.
1. #thankfulThursday: As most of you are aware, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
2. MIS Spiritwear: To order MIS gear, please click here.
3. Spell Bowl Information (Click Here)
4. BOSS PROGRAM (CLICK Here for more details): FUSE is pleased to announce that our BOSS after school social skills program is available at MIS for students in grades 4 through 6 this fall! Well-developed social skills can positively influence academic performance, behavior, social and family relationships, and participation in extracurricular and community activities. BOSS provides instruction in skills that all children need to have successful social interactions with their peers, teachers and neighbors.
5. MIS After School Club Opportunities
6. School Pictures: Picture Day will be held on August 15th. Each student will have his/her picture taken on this day to be included in the yearbook whether you plan to purchase a picture package or not. You should have received a picture packet this week. If you would prefer to order online, click below and us the ID code: EVT4BC64W
7. Drive 4 UR School: GCHS Booster Club Athletic Fundraiser
For every person who takes a test-drive in a Ford vehicle during this event, Ford Motor Company will donate $20 to Greenfield Central High School Athletics. In total, as much as $8,000 could be raised! 100% of the funds will go toward new equipment or uniforms.
Please mark your calendars for August 17th from 10am-4pm! Invite family, friends and neighbors over 18 years of age to take a test drive! This event will be held in the GCHS Parking Lot.
8. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS): You should have received your invitation email earlier this week.
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
9. Fall Semester Lunch Menu (CLICK HERE)
10. Maxwell Pick-up/Drop-off - Doors open at 7:35am/Pick up - 2:10pm Dismissal
Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North (BLUE LINE on picture below). The drop-off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9.
Our south parking (ORANGE/RED) lot is for busses only between 7:20-7:55am and 1:35-2:25pm as busses stage there. At any other time of the day, this is used for parent parking.
The drive on the far north of our property is for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive at any time.
To best ensure your child makes it to the classroom on time, and safely, please remember the following rules in car line:
11. Volunteer Forms (CLICK HERE)
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
-If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
12. Medical Information - Please check the link for the latest on immunization and medical plan information.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
August 12th: Kakuda, Japan Visitors (9:45am)
August 15th: Picture Day
August 19th: PTO Boosterthon Fundraiser Kick-Off
August 30th: PTO Boosterthon Fun Run
September 10th: Family Literacy Night/Family Night at the Bookfair
November 7th: E-Learning Day
February 5th: E-Learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY