1st Pres Family, even though our regular worship routine has been temporarily disrupted, we can still worship our great and sovereign God together. Please join our church body on Sunday morning as we spend time in worship remotely. Grab your Bible and a cup of coffee, and find a comfortable seat. Let’s worship God together, even though we are apart.
To assist you in the worship service this morning, please take a moment to read the following:
- This worship service works as one continuous page. You can simply scroll through the page and engage in the various elements of worship. We have attempted to provide familiar elements from our services at First Pres.
- Throughout the worship service, you can click on the Vimeo videos for various elements of the service or to aid you in singing or meditating on the songs.
- After each video, simply press the "X" button at the top right hand corner of the video in order to pick up where you left off.
- A button/link to the sermon is provided later in the worship service.
- The Family and Children's Ministry at First Pres has put together a Simple Guide for Family Worship that can be found here on the church website that walks through how to lead your family with young children in worship this morning that includes activities and discussion questions for your younger children.
The Praise of God's People
Call to Worship
O Worship the King
God's People Affirm the Faith Together
How Firm a Foundation
God's People Confess Together
--Pray Aloud and then Silently--
He Will Hold Me Fast
The Gifts of God's People
Giving tithes and offerings back to God is a key element of our worship. We are demonstrating our trust in God and reliance on him to provide for our daily needs. It is also a way that we declare that everything is the Lord's, and we are merely stewards of the resources that he was given to us. If you are used to giving in the offering plate each week, please consider using the link below or mailing in your offering during this time. The link below will take you to the secure giving page of our website. If you feel called to give this morning, simply return to the online worship service when your worship offering is complete.
The Word for God's People
"The Church: Against the World, For the World"
Click the link above to go to our church website to watch the sermon for this week from Jonah 2:10-3:10. The sermon will be posted Sunday morning, 3.29.20.
The Sending of God's People
May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace, both now and forevermore. Amen.
First Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga would like to thank Sally Powell from Westminster Presbyterian Church of Dayton, TN for her creativity and help in providing this online worship service to our church.