weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T conferences will occur over two evenings (October 30th & November 8th) from 4-7pm. If you have not already signed up for a time/date and would still like one, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
2. Fall Break: Please remember that the two week Fall Break begins Monday, October 8th. School will resume following break on Monday, October 22nd.
3. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Logan T., Jayden D., Avery W., Katelin R., Madison C., Ashlyn D., Hailee R., and Alania T.
4. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring.
5. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
6. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. If a teacher or staff member has gone above and beyond, we would encourage you to share these stories with us by using the link below.
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"My daughter loves learning the guitar! She says it is her favorite part of related arts day. We love that students get this opportunity! Thank you, Mrs. Beuoy!!!!"
"I appreciate Mr. Stroud’s willingness to provide support and guidance to our students. He teaches them some of the most valuable life lessons, and always does so with a smile.
7. Lost & Found: If your child is missing an item, please have them check the lost & found table located outside of the office. Any items left on the table at the end of the day on Friday, October 5th will be donated to a local charity.
8. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
October 8th-19th: Fall Break
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day #2
November 14th: Family STEM Night (6:30-7:30pm)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY