Call Wendy on 0824424779, or email email@example.com, to help you arrange your booking, answer any final questions. We welcome you to the Pathways recovery experience!
INFORMATION FOR INCOMING RESIDENTS
1. Please be aware of the fact that this is a drug and alcohol free therapeutic community. No alcohol or drugs are to be brought onto the premises UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
2. All flights should be booked to South Africa and then to George Airport, which is the closest major airport to Plettenberg Bay. We collect clients from George airport. When booking your flights, please note that the length of treatment is normally twelve weeks exactly, so try book a ticket that can be changed as and when, which most people do. It’s not necessary but sometimes best to arrive at Pathways from Monday to Wednesday. This gives the client a chance to settle in with the help of his/her Counsellor and if necessary to see a doctor before the weekend.
3. All medication must be handed in on arrival. We dispense meds accordingly via nurse.
4. Residents are advised to bring the following items with them:
4.1 Appropriate, warm and comfortable clothing (we have overlapping weather patterns throughout the year). Laundry is done by Pathways on the premises. All personal items sent to a laundry service used by The Pathways are sent at your own risk, for which Pathways cannot be held responsible.
4.2 If possible, an international plug converter is advisable for any electrical appliances you might bring with you. You’re welcome to bring whatever appliances you like, just clear it with staff first.
4.3 Comfortable walking shoes, a windbreaker and warm jacket.
4.4 In summer months: Sun hat, sunblock, appropriate swimwear, towel for swimming, beach sandals.
4.5 Toiletries: bring soap, shampoo, conditioner, razor and blades, deodorant (roll-on only), body lotion, lip salve, moisturiser and cosmetics.
4.6 I-pod/MP3 players – please try to have your music already loaded.
5. Credit Cards, ID documents and travel documents (passports and airplane tickets) need to be handed in to the office for safekeeping upon arrival.
6. Residents are requested NOT to bring aftershave, perfume, mouthwash (alcohol free only) or anything else containing any alcohol.
7. Cellphones and laptops to be handed in upon arrival, call times are scheduled.
8. You’re welcome to bring your own stationary: Pens, coloured Pencils, Rulers, Files, Highlighters, and Scissors, although it is not a requirement.
9. You are welcome to bring your own books, sports equipment, binoculars, camera’s, drones and whatever else you care for, as long as you realize it will only be made available at the appropriate times during your treatment.
Treatment at Pathways is a unique opportunity. Our unique style of allowing patients to still have their own space, their own comforts and their own responsibilities. Treatment and therapy is intensive. We work hard towards high life goals. The setting is quiet, beyond breathtaking and lends itself to a life changing experience such as the one you are about to embark on. We include family where possible in the process, so we can all be on the same page. Together we grow, heal, enrich, recover and renew!
Any further questions give us a call. We’re here to help wherever we can.