- Your spinal cord connects your brain to your body.
- The spinal cord is made up of bundles of nerve fibers.
- Three layers of membranes called meninges is what protects the spinal cord from damage.
- Spinal cord is the pathway for messages sent from your brain.
- There are 33 bones in the spinal cord
Neurons are the basic working unit of the brain. They transport up to the brain to alert us of certain things. Most neurons have a cell body, an axon, and dendrites. They specialize in carrying messages to the brain. For example, if I were to touch a hot pan, neurons would shoot up to my brain to immediately alert me that the pan is hot and painful.
This photo shows the location of the frontal lobe in the brain
- The frontal lobe includes areas concerned with behavior, learning, personality, and voluntary movements.
- You use your frontal lobe every day. You use it to make common decisions like what you will eat for lunch today.
- The Frontal lobe are considered our emotional control center, and the home for our personality.
- The frontal lobe is one of the four lobes or regions of the cerebral cortex.