Welcome to the home of the Tattnall County Comprehensive Plan Update. The County and the Cities of Cobbtown, Collins, Glennville, Manassas and Reidsville are currently undergoing strategic planning meetings to guide the future growth and development for the community. Issues discussed include economic development, community facilities, natural and cultural resources, housing, intergovernmental coordination, and other important concerns. In a series of meetings, to be held February-August, local government leadership will be seeking citizen input and participation concerning these topics. This page will provide periodic updates and working documents from the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee.
Tattnall County 2018 Comprehensive Plan Timetable
- Thursday, 2.22.2018, 10:30 AM - Initial Meeting/Strengths/Weaknesses (SWOT)
- Tuesday, 3.13.2018, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Community Input Drop-In
- Thursday, 3.15.2018, 5:30 PM - Initial Public Hearing
- Thursday, 3.29.2018, 10:30 AM - Community Vision/Issues and Opportunities
- Thursday, 4.26.2018, 10:30 AM - Issues and Opportunities/Goals/Policies
- Thursday, 5.24.2018, 10:30 AM - Goals/Policies/Economic Development/Land Use
- July, TBD - Draft Plan
- July, TBD - Final Public Hearing
- August, 2018 - Local Government Submittal
Tattnall County is a place of opportunity filled with spirit and pride for our heritage and excitement for our future. We aim to preserve our community traditions and small town feel while inviting new, innovative growth. We will promote the best of our community, and work to improve those areas in need. Our vision is a welcoming, active community.