Duff Elementary . . . No Ordinary Family
Monday, March 1st in an early dismissal day @12:10pm.
Texas has had some wild weather over the last two weeks and we are so very THANKFUL and GRATEFUL that our 57 year old building did not suffer any damage. We hope and pray that you and your family were spared during the weather event and if you were not; we are praying that damage was minimal and you are well on your way to restoration. If you are in need of assistance, please visit https://www.aisd.net/winter-weather to find out about resources available to the community.
Opportunity to Serve!
Are you interested in working with fun people, serving students, and creating fun memories. If you answered YES, then you will want to click the link below and let Duff PTA know in what area you would be interested to serve. Please submit your form before Monday, March 1st.
Parents of 6th graders who will move up to Bailey can submit your interest to serve on the PTA board for Bailey Jr. High by clicking the link below.
Mustangs show a little love and appreciation
"Kindness is a gift everyone can afford."
Our Duff Mustangs made Valentine's Day cards to spread love and kindness and lift others up! They made them in advance so they could sit for enough time to be safely delivered to The Morada Pantego, Brookdale Assisted Living, and the Pantego Fire Station. Each card is sure to bring such joy when it is opened and read. Way to go MUSTANGS!!!!!!
COVID Safety reminders
- Please complete the Wellness Survey each morning before bringing your child to school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If your child is quarantined due to an extracurricular activity please call the school (682.867.2000) and let us know your student will be virtual for the quarantine time.
- Please complete the wellness survey each day before your child arrives at school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If you arrive to drop your student off in the circle drive or back parking lot and the doors are closed, students will need to enter the front door and have the temperature taken when they enter.
- Have your child ready to exit the car quickly with their backpack, water bottle, and mask each morning.
- Virtual Learners: Attending daily Zooms and completing required work is the best way to experience the online learning environment and is crucial to make adequate progress. In order to be counted present, you must attend Zoom(s) and/or complete all daily work.
- Face-to-Face Learners: We have been thankful to have 300+ face-to-face learners each day. When students need to miss school due to illness, quarantine, or appointments, they may choose to attend class via Zoom and/or complete required work in Canvas/Seesaw and be counted present.
- Administration will reach out after 3 unexcused absences to discuss a plan to improve attendance. When a student has 5 unexcused absences, the truancy officer is notified.
- Parents will complete a Change for Instructional Setting Request form when students are required to be quarantined. (please see link below)
- We look forward to the day when we have 100% of our students as face-to-face learners where we can give them our very best and know they are well prepared.
- The student code of conduct book discusses the Texas Attendance Law in more detail. https://www.aisd.net/district/departments/administration/student-behavioral-support-systems/
The Week In Review
We LOVE this part of the weekly newsletter. If you are a virtual learner, we would love to add some photos of your learning as well. Please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will add your photos too!
Winter in texas
It doesn't happen often, but when it does, we TEXANS make the most of it.
Created with images by Unknown - "Hands" • geralt - "coronavirus contact no" • smarko - "butterfly summer nature" • JillWellington - "st paddy's day patrick's day" • geralt - "social media icon hand"