Thank You Hill Parents, Volunteers & PTO
To our wonderful parents, volunteers, and PTO,
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts (and stomachs) for all of the wonderful surprises during Teacher Appreciation Week.
The boxed lunches, cookies, muffins, and fruits were all delicious. The best part was knowing that you took time to show your thanks. Thank you also to the parents and families who worked to make this a special week by giving teachers fun surprises throughout the week. It put a big smile on our faces!
We appreciate all that you do for us. Thank you for being a big part of making Hill a great place to work!
Hill M-Step Schedule
The M-STEP Assessment will be administered to third grade students next week.
3rd Grade - May 14 (Math)
2019-2020 CARE Company Registration
Families can register online for the 2019-2020 CARE program by clicking the button below.
5th Grade Troy Fitness Run
Saturday, May 18, 2019
One week to go for our fifth graders to participate in the Troy School District Troy Fitness Run.
Field Day Volunteers Needed
(PLEASE NOTE: REVISED DATE FROM FRIDAY, MAY 24TH as previously published)
On Thursday, May 23th Hill will be hosting its annual Field Day event. This is an event that the students truly look forward to each year. Field Day takes a lot of planning as well as help from our parents. If you think that volunteering for Field Day this year is something that you would be interested in, please sign up for the event that interests you most. The Sign-up Genius below will allow you to choose the event you would like to help with that day. Please note that Field Day will run from 1:00-3:00 PM that day. We may run over the time a little bit. You will have each group of kids at your station from approximately 7 minutes and will then rotate them. Thank you all for considering helping at an that means so much to our students. This year we are asking that all volunteers bring 20 FILLED water balloons with them and drop them off at the Water Balloon station. This station cannot take place without the water balloons.
Click on the link below to sign-up! Thanks, Mr. Van Houzen
Lunch Accounts for the End of the School Year
With the End of the School year approaching, May 31st is the last day students are allowed to charge to their lunch account. Beginning June 1st, students must have sufficient funds in their account to purchase items. No child at Hill will go without a lunch, but students won't get the entree they selected unless they have a positive balance after June 1.
- MONDAY 5/13 - 9:00am-12:00pm - 5th Graders Visit & Lunch @ Larson Middle School
- TUESDAY 5/14 - 3rd Grade M-Step Testing
- TUESDAY 5/14 - 9:45am - 1st Grade to Stage Nature Center
- WEDNESDAY 5/15 - K-12 Early Release Day - School dismissed at 12:39pm
- WEDNESDAY 5/15 - Box Tops Due to Classrooms
- WEDNESDAY 5/15 - 1:30-7:30pm - Red Cross Blood Drive (gym)
- THURSDAY 5/16 - 7:00pm - PTO Meeting (Media Center)
- SATURDAY 5/18 - 9:15am - 5th Grade Troy Fitness Run (Boulan Park)
- THURSDAY 5/23 - 1:00pm - Field Day (Rain date 5/24)
- MONDAY 5/27 - No School, Memorial Day
- WEDNESDAY 5/29 - Final Due Date for Library Books
- THURSDAY 5/30 - 9:15am - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Comerica Park
- THURSDAY 5/30 - 8:45am - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Greenfield Village
- FRIDAY 5/31 - 6:00pm - Hill PTO Family Fun Fair
- FRIDAY 5/31 - 5:00 pm - Book Fair Family Night (Media Center)
- MON 6/3 - WED 6/5 - Book Fair Sales During Media Classes
- TUESDAY 6/4 - 9:00am - 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony (Cafeteria)
- WEDNESDAY 6/5 - 9:15am - 4th Grade Field Trip to Rouge Factory Tour
- WED 6/5 - FRI 6/7 - 5th Grade Camp (Camp Michindoh)
- TUESDAY 6/11 - Half Day - School dismissed at 12:29pm
- WEDNESDAY 6/12 - Half Day - School dismissed at 12:29pm
- THURSDAY 6/13 - Half Day - School dismissed at 12:29pm
- THURSDAY 6/13 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Shari Pawlus - Principal - Hill Elementary