Chad Navis - Professor of Entrepreneurship and Leadership
1) What was your major in college?
2) Why did you decide on this career/position?
3) What do you like best about your job?
1) What general advice would you give college students?
2) What are the most common mistakes that students make?
3) What are your expectations for students in your classroom?
1) What non-academic skill do you think is most important for college students?
2) What is the greatest non-academic skill that students lack today?
3) How can college students develop this skill at Clemson University?
1) What do you do for fun, hobbies?
2) What record do you predict for the upcoming 2017 Clemson Football season?
Video/Audio of Professor Interview
Reflection of Professor Interview
I chose to interview my professor Chad Navis because I really enjoyed enjoyed his entrepreneurship course this semester and I was interested to get a little more of his background. I think that Chad provided me with a very detailed interview and provided a different perspective to help me better understand what he is trying to accomplish by teaching his course. One thing that I learned through our conversation is that Chad does a ton of research behind the scenes so that he can provide the best course to all of his students. I also learned that he used to be a professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but he was given the opportunity to come back here to his alma mater, Clemson University. I feel like the professor interview activity has helped me get to know Chad better outside of the classroom and has made me respect the work that he puts in to provide this entrepreneurial course. The biggest thing that I have taken away from this experience is that I am now more comfortable when it comes to approaching one of my professors.