What is it?
- It's a monthly photo challenge on Instagram that allows Spanish students to review a word or an expression every day of the month
- Anyone can join and by clicking on the hashtags, you can see examples not just from other students, but also from native speakers using those words
- If you are a teacher, you can create a hashtag for your class to quickly see your students' pictures
Instructions for teachers
- Create an account on Instagram. Although you may use your regular account, it is easier to keep track of students with a different one
- Create a hashtag for each class you may want to use the challenge with
- Decide on how you want to use it. Some considerations are: Extra-credit activity? Require just some days of submissions? Show in class to review words?
- Follow @desafioinstagramele and other teachers who follow the challenge
- Model the submissions for your students
- Comment on other peoples' pictures, including your students and others doing the challenge. Comments create community!
Add text to your pictures with apps such as MOLDIV
How are native speakers using Instagram? What language do they use? Just click on the #word of the day and check thousands of examples
Use it to start discussions about different customs
¿Quién se apunta?