In This Issue
- Last Week at Bethel
- Coming Up
- Greetings from the Northwest Conference
- Hear a sermon
- Pray for Bethel
- About Us
Culture of Godly Leadership
We met for our Quarterly Congregational meeting giving updates from our Conference Annual meeting and hearing about what God is doing at Bethel. We will be meeting again to vote on supporting a new church plant in Hudson, WI called Midcurrent Covenant on May 14th following the service.
Pastor's Report to Bethel's Council
Once a month our council meets to pray together and seek God's will regarding the business of the church. I share a report with the council on what has been happening here at Church over the last month. Here it is for your consideration.
Pastor’s Report – 5/11/2017
“ The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate the produce of Cannan” Joshua 5:12
- We concluded our sermon series on BLESS. But we are not done thinking about outreach/intentional evangelism. This is going to be a major focus at Bethel over the next years. We simply can't afford to let this slip by.
- We celebrated the resurrection with a record (at least in my time) number of people on Sunday. We all know this is something that happens on certain Sundays, but I think we should hold on to that experience. I believe God showed us what a Sunday could look like if we keep looking outside, if we really do start to BLESS our friends and neighbors. Don’t get discouraged, God is leading us.
- We welcomed 4 new members!
- I visited 31 people in homes and care centers last month.
- I am looking for people who are willing to help model the way by sharing their story of a God encounter on a Sunday. Please consider it and talk to me if you are willing. I want to make this a regular practice of our church.
- Coming soon we will be starting the work of the nominating committee. We have been praying for our leaders for months, now as God has brought names to your mind make sure to share them with Dennis, me, or someone else on the nominating committee.
- Confirmation Sunday is coming up. May is but it is full of things to celebrate. We have lots to praise God for. Confirmation with its new format has really been a blessing this year seeing students and their families grow in faith.
A Thought about Outreach and Evangelism
I think its worth keeping these statistics in front of us another month.
In a survey of over 3,000 churches the top 10% when it comes to outreach had four things in common.
- The pastors, staff and leaders model intentional evangelism practices. (That means they do things like BLESS and share with others about the experience in ways that can be imitated.)
- The church people catch those practices and begin imitating them in their own lives.
- Prayers on Sundays consistently focus on reaching unchurched people.
- Non-Christians felt welcomed, accepted, valued and therefore stay in the community.
Pray for Bethel
- Pray that we will make individual connections and build relationships of trust with people who don’t know Jesus.
- Pray that God will draw unchurched people closer to him through Bethel Covenant.
- Pray that God will raise up our future leaders
- Finally pray for me, your Pastor.