Being labeled as a "hick" involves these actions and appearances:
- Driving a truck to school
- Wearing camouflage
- Taking lower level classes, not AP or honors
- Likes to hunt and fish
- Loud voices with Maine accents
- Good sense of humor
- Easily sociable
Advantages and Disadvantages of being labeled as a "Hick":
- Care free kids who don't care about being "popular" or "weird"
- Lots of friends with the same interests as them
- In the middle of the social ladder
- The higher level classes you are in, the more friends you make. Just because most of your friends are in lower classes so you'll be meeting new people.
- These kids usually already have a future planned out in a family business
How others see "hicks":
- "When I think of hicks, I think of boys that wear big boots and rev their engines in the back of the parking lot".
- "I think of country folks and hunting".
- "Looks dirty. Not polite".
- "I automatically think they own a truck and think they are obnoxious and don't care much about their education and appearance".
- "Always have dip in their mouth and wear mud boots".