The Future of Wellness and Recreation
The $45 million, 82,000 square foot Wellness and Recreation Center project provides much needed fitness and wellness spaces that are welcoming, open, accessible and sustainable.
Wellness and Recreation continues to provide traditional, high-impact programs allowing students to connect, engage and find their place at NC State in a healthy, active way.
Wellness and Recreation makes a deep and lasting impact on the NC State community.
- More than 25,000 students used Wellness and Recreation programs and facilities annually.
- 81 percent of undergraduates and 51 percent of graduate students use the complex annually.
- Up to 5,000 individual visits to the complex each weekday.
- More than 1.2 million people have visited our facilities during the given year.
Wellness and Recreation Center
This project will significantly expand and upgrade the Carmichael Gym complex. Adjacent to the historic Reynolds Coliseum and the award-winning Talley Student Union, the Wellness and Recreation Center will transform student life from the heart of campus.
The addition will include innovative spaces such as:
- More than 25,000 square feet of fitness space
- Outdoor functional training areas
- State-of-the-art climbing center
- Sprint ramp
- Full-functional kitchen designed to educate students about nutrition and healthy cooking