We have a great, full week ready to go at BCMS! We have much to be proud of and a lot to celebrate. On friday, October 25th the georgia department of education will be releasing the 2018-2019 college and career ready performance index score for all schools in georgia. This is one way that our school is measured. There are four buckets that go into this performance number; content mastery (achievement), progress(growth), closing the gaps (looking at performance of our sub groups), and readiness (reading levels, attendance, and beyond the core classes). We are proud of the work we have done at BCMS to create an elite middle school that is rising and while we are excited about the progress we have made, we will relentlessly pursue increasing our performance number and continue to provide elite experiences for all of our scholars! i am everyday proud to be the principal of bryan county middle school!
2109•2020 Superintendent’s Advisory Council
Red Ribbon Week is October 28th - November 1st
Please turn in your permission form for our whole school field trip on November 1st to the Lucas to see Apollo 13 in Savannah. There is no cost to scholars. We do, however, need a lunch count if your child needs/wants a school sack lunch. If you have questions, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
Jabori was “Principal of the Hour” on Friday!
Boys Basketball Tryouts begin the week of October 28th. All scholar athletes must have a physical on file. If you have questions, please see Ms. Ennis!
Congratulations to our Competition Cheerleading Team for an ELITE performance on Saturday at Statesboro High School! 🎉
BCMS is once again collecting Box Tops! Check out the Box Top Link for the new ways to submit box tops! This year, we will still submit the transition cut box tops- but you can get the app for your phone and scan them in! Check out the information here!
Our start time this year is 8:35. Our end time is 3:35. Breakfast will begin at 8:10. Homeroom begins at 8:35 and is for attendance purposes. If you have questions regarding car drop off or bus transportation, please call our front office! We encourage families to grab a book off our of Free Little Libraries when you are on campus and as always, if there is a book your child wants, please have them email me!
•Welcome Back Scholars• 🎉
2019/20 #beBcms administrtion team
Mrs. Raeburn as Principal, Mr. Scott as our Assistant Principal and BCHS Head Football Coach and Mrs. Ennis, Assistant Principal and Director of Athletics. We love serving our school and community. ❤️🎉🤓
#BeYouBeHereBelong #ALLin #BeBCMS
Bryan County Middle School Teacher of the Year 2019•2020
Upcoming events and notes:
- 10/25 Hat Day $1.00? Proceeds benefit our PBIS store.
- 10/28- Boys Basketball Try-Outs begin
- 10/28-11/1 Red Ribbon Week- Dress Up Days (posted above)
- 11/1- All School Field Trip to The Lucas!
- 11/8-Kona Ice!
- 11/18- Fall Athletics Celebration! 5:00 PM
- 11/25-11/29 Thanksgiving Break
- Yearbooks are on sale! $40.00. You can use My Payments Plus to pay! Go to Parent Information/My Payments Plus on our web page.
- Please send in your updated vaccination information! If this is not updated, your child will be unenrolled from school.
- You can get #BeBCMS newsletter in a variety of ways. It is posted to our facebook page every Sunday. It is sent out via Thrillshare based on the number you have stored as primary in Powerschool, and it is also linked on our web page. Please check your Powerschool primary phone information to make sure you can get texts from Thrillshare. This year, I will not be using REMIND.
- Field Trips are being scheduled and will be loaded into My Payments Plus so you can make payments toward the larger, more expensive field trips. Stay tuned for more information from the grade level teams. If you have questions regarding the trips, please reach out to your child's teachers
- Grade Levels send out a "Peek of the Week" each week. These Peeks can be found on our website and on our Facebook page. You can also check them out on Twitter.
- Ms. Raeburn’s cell: 912-255-0630
- Ms. Raeburn’s email: email@example.com
Thank you for your support of Bryan County Middle. I am proud to serve as the Principal of the best middle school in Georgia!
We want YOU to have it all! 🤓🌟💯🤩😎💔