This week the college was only open 3 days out of the 5 due to a bank holiday and teacher training day, because of this I got slightly less done than I had hoped. This week I managed to still finish the foliage for the for level 2 and start the tile creation of levels 3 of which I got about 20% of the way though. The fact that we only had 3 days this week instead of 5 meant that I couldn't finish the end of the 3rd level this week like I had planned. Hopefully I can get it done by the Monday or mid Tuesday next week. I could avoid these kind of confusions in the future by finding out days off ahead of time to be able to effectively plan around it.

This week I also got my first sound added to the game, I added a coin pick up sound, the sound is a short 8-bit "ding" gotten from free For the rest of my sound, depending on the sound I will be either creating it myself using Audio equipment at the college or for things that are hard to replicate like pick up noises which i will be using free for which i think is a fair idea because of how far i would need to go to create an audio clip suitable for picking up items that would only last for half a second at most.

Screenshot of

Over the next 3 weeks I feel like I need some kind of guide lines to follow to ensure I don't forget anything crucial to the projects final product. So I plan on finishing the final level, adding sound to the levels, then play though them to test for any bugs, any bugs found I will then debugging them to ensure that by hand in day the game is as polished as realistically possible.

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.