When participated in the class activity, I chose 5 core values that I believe that are critical towards happiness and success.
1. Family: They will have your back no matter what, they are related to you and share similar biological behaviors. It gives you assurance of something in the world.
2. Respect: In order to make friends and new relationships, you gotta understand where people come from. Have RESPECT for your elders, have respect for others who don't look at you. It will carry you your whole life.
3. Honesty: To have respect, you must be honest with yourself and be accountable for decisions made.
4. Courage: If you don't attempt to be successful then you will never know whether or not you could have excelled. Without courage and having the guts to do the right thing I would not be the person I am today
5. Ambition: You gotta have that drive. That mental capacity to keep going even if you are fighting against it. I know this because there was a time in high school where I did not have that drive to go on, I would just give up and move on to the next thing. One thing college taught me, it will beat you down, but you have to make the decision to get back up or let other circumstances predict your future. Control your own destiny.