As the year comes to a close, USAID is celebrating some of the success stories from the year. Join us in sharing a holiday video, blog and pictogram series.
We couldn't tell the compelling story of USAID's impact around the world without your help and perseverance. Thank You and Happy Holidays!
At USAID, we are proud to sow the seeds of resilience, progress, and dreams all over the world. We've highlighted 10 dreamers who are transforming their lives and their communities. Please use the following content to share our holiday message.
Suggested post dates: 12/15; 12/31
VIDEO Social Media Posts:
- What’s your holiday wish? Around the world USAID partners with people with big dreams. Meet a few of them at https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Every dream begins when a seed is planted. Check out how USAID helps people grow their dreams, transform lives + improve communities. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- At USAID we are proud to sow the seeds of resilience and progress all over the world. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- How do dreams grow? Through hard work + persistence. Our holiday video shares powerful transformation stories. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Happy Holidays from USAID. Meet 10 people who inspire us to dream big this holiday season. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- We’re proud of seeds that blossom into opportunity for people around the world. Join USAID in celebrating these dreams https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Ring in the new year with sparks of inspiration from people around the world who are realizing their dreams https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Celebrate #dreams cultivated in 2016. Check out USAID’s holiday video at https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- As USAID marks 55 years, discover a few of the dreams we’ve cultivated https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- They may be oceans apart, but they’re more similar than different. Meet 10 people who share common dreams. Be as inspired by their stories as we are in this short video. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Dreams are a common thread across the globe. To help hard working people like Monjuara and Wilfred reach their full potential, USAID partners with them to grow their dreams. Experience their common journey at https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- During the holidays and everyday, USAID plants seeds of opportunity for people around the world. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Around the world people are healthier + more productive because of American investments in global development. Happy Holidays from all of us at USAID. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
- Peace in the #MiddleEast and higher education for a child in #Bangladesh are closer because of the dreams USAID supports through development work. Be as inspired as we are by their journies. https://youtu.be/bSwzP0fV1Ec
Suggested post date: 12/20
Blog Social Media Posts:
- New Blog on Medium: https://goo.gl/EqCDZK
- As the year comes to a close we’re reflecting on our shared progress. Read more: https://goo.gl/EqCDZK
- Since 2008 we’ve helped save the lives of 4.6 mil children + 200,000 mothers. https://goo.gl/EqCDZK
- From #PowerAfrica to #FeedtheFuture, we are proud & hopeful for this holiday season. https://goo.gl/EqCDZK
- Partnership → Progress. This holiday season we thank partners around the world who are invaluable in our efforts. https://goo.gl/EqCDZK
- With a little investment of time, training or resources dreams are being realized in every corner of the world. Find out how we’re helping: https://medium.com/usaid-2030/sowing-seeds-of-resilience-progress-and-dreams-f93f40e42601#.wlrur4unz
- Just last year we reached 18 million children with vital interventions to improve nutrition. Behind each number is a story: https://medium.com/usaid-2030/sowing-seeds-of-resilience-progress-and-dreams-f93f40e42601#.wlrur4unz
- New on Medium: Sowing Seeds of Resilience, Progress and Dreams. As 2016 comes to a close, let’s take a pause to reflect on our shared progress. https://medium.com/usaid-2030/sowing-seeds-of-resilience-progress-and-dreams-f93f40e42601#.wlrur4unz
Between 12/21 and 12/30 please share these stories with their corresponding pictograms.
1. Monjuara's Dream
- Tweet: Meet Monjuara, a mother who is working for a better life for her family. https://stories.usaid.gov/monjuaras-dream/
- Tweet:“When my oldest son was in my womb, I had a dream,” says Monjuara. Learn about her dream & journey at https://goo.gl/GjxNFu
- Facebook: “When my oldest son was in my womb, I had a dream,” says Monjuara, a young mother from Sirajganj, Bangladesh. https://goo.gl/GjxNFu
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Monjuara, the mother who dreams of a better life for her family. https://stories.usaid.gov/monjuaras-dream/
- Instagram: Monjuara is a Bangladeshi mother that wants the best for her children. Provided with new health, agriculture and nutrition practices she learned from USAID, Monjuara can continue to dream of a better life for her family and is paying it forward in her community. In Bangladesh, where more than 60 million people survive on less than $1.25 per day, USAID is arming millions of parents like Monjuara with the skills to break the cycle of poverty.
2. Hoda's Forest
- Tweet: Meet Hoda, a French teacher who dreams of turning the Beqaa Valley green again. https://goo.gl/a76qO5
- Tweet: Watch how a runner, teacher, mother is changing Lebanon’s #BeqaaValley. https://goo.gl/a76qO5
- Facebook: “Once the nature changes, mentalities change.” Watch how one woman is changing her community in Lebanon through planting trees.
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Hoda, the French teacher who is bringing together the diverse sects of her community for a common goal - turning the Beqaa Valley green again.
- Instagram: The only thing that French teacher Hoda would love more than running would be running through a lush green space. But in Lebanon, where Hoda lives, industry and other human activity has disappeared 20 percent of the country’s trees in the past half century. Hoda’s home of Baalbek, in the Beqaa Valley, is especially barren. She dreams it could be full of green trees. As part of a USAID-supported reforestation project, Hoda brings the diverse sects of her community together for a common goal - turning the Beqaa Valley green again.
3. We Do it Together
- Tweet: Meet Usha, a working mother who dreams of a better education for her children. https://goo.gl/THQxvM
- Tweet: Be inspired by our dreamer. Meet Usha: https://goo.gl/THQxvM
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Usha, the mother who is working for a better education for her children. https://goo.gl/THQxvM
- Facebook:“Because we both earn an income, we can send the children to a better school … My dream is to go higher and higher. That is my dream.” Meet Usha, a mother working for her children’s education. https://goo.gl/THQxvM
- Instagram: Usha dreams of a better education for her children. In India, women do more housework and have fewer opportunities to earn a living than men do. Usha and her husband Karthikeyan work as a team on a USAID-sponsored cashew processing project that not only provides economic opportunities for women, but encourages men to be involved in all aspects of family life to promote gender equality. With both incomes, she is able to get closer to that dream.
4. Rula, Miracle Worker
- Tweet: Meet Rula, a #Palestinian neonatal nurse who dreams of making miracles happen everyday. https://goo.gl/xETJbH
- Tweet: #Palestinian nurse Rula gives hope to moms-to-be in the #WestBank who experience high-risk pregnancies. Read her story: https://goo.gl/xETJbH
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Rula, the Palestinian neonatal nurse who is giving hope to moms-to-be everyday. https://goo.gl/xETJbH
- Facebook: Every day, matters of life and death rest in the capable hands of #Palestinian neonatal nurse Rula at a hospital in #Bethlehem. Read how she’s restoring hope to new moms across the #WestBank whose babies might not have survived elsewhere. https://goo.gl/xETJbH
- Instagram: Every day that she goes to work, matters of life and death rest in the capable hands of Palestinian nurse Rula. The 30-year-old nurse works at Holy Family Hospital in Bethlehem, nurturing premature babies for months until they reach a healthy weight. The hospital is known as a lifeline for Palestinian women experiencing high-risk pregnancies. In the West Bank and around the world, USAID supports hospitals and nurses like Rula who help people in tough situations.
5. Girls in the Garage
- Tweet: Meet Najlae + Rajae, the sisters who dream of owning Princess Auto. https://goo.gl/vrzFgf
- Tweet: From changing a tire to changing the world, these women are showing #Morocco that girls can do anything: https://goo.gl/vrzFgf
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Najlae and Rajae, the sisters showing Morocco that girls can do anything. https://goo.gl/vrzFgf
- Facebook: Our Girls in the Garage film introduced you to Najlae and Rajae, two women changing Moroccan society through their love of mechanics. You can discover their full story on our storytelling hub: https://goo.gl/vrzFgf
- Instagram: Mechanics isn’t exactly “women’s work” in northern #Morocco. Meet Najlae and Rajae Lashqar, two sisters who share a passion for cars and motorbikes. They are studying mechanics--something unheard of among most women in their city of Tetouan. Even in the face of hardship, these sisters continue changing tires and changing minds. Learn more at our storytelling hub. Our profile link takes you there. #mechanics #Tetouan #automechanics #
6. Amani's Big Idea
- Tweet: Meet Amani, the young inventor who dreams of transforming lives with her ideas. https://goo.gl/jt9TN8
- Tweet: “When I have an idea, I can’t sleep.” See the idea that transformed this #Palestinian inventor’s community. https://goo.gl/jt9TN8
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Amani, the young inventor who is transforming lives with her ideas. https://goo.gl/jt9TN8
- Facebook: “I look around and I see problems,” says Amani Mustafa Abu Tair, “And I just want to solve these problems.” Since she was a child, the Palestinian student has invented her own solutions to transform lives. See how one “big idea” got her a ticket to this week’s Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Silicon Valley. https://goo.gl/jt9TN8
- Instagram: A big #idea can go a long way. Meet Amani, a 25-year-old #Palestinian student with a head full of innovations. “When I have an idea, I can’t sleep.” Amani’s dedication to #makinglifebetter is transforming lives in her community, which is why USAID gave her a scholarship and is supporting her efforts to turn even more ideas into reality. View a powerful video at our storytelling hub. Our profile link takes you there. #AmanisBigIdea #entrepreneurship #invention #GlobalDev #development #WestBank #techforgood
7. Fishing for Fortune
- Tweet: Meet Ruma, an entrepreneurial mother who dreams of making a better future for her family.
- Tweet: Meet Ruma, a fish farmer in #Bangladesh working to #MakeLifeBetter for her family. https://goo.gl/A7c2L3 @FeedtheFuture
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Ruma, the entrepreneurial who is transforming her family’s life with the money she earns by selling fish.
- Facebook: “You have to care for fish the same way you care for children.” says Ruma. “Fish is a very important part of my life.”Fishing for Fortune is a story about Ruma, a fish farmer from Bangladesh who is able to transform her family’s life. With the money she earns by selling fish, she now can pay for her son's education, food, clothes, and healthcare. Learn more about Ruma and her transformation: https://goo.gl/A7c2L3
- Instagram: "Compared to earlier, my income and influence have increased. Now i can make my own decisions and accomplish anything." Ruma is an entrepreneurial mother and community leader from Bangladesh who will go to no end to ensure her family is healthy and well fed. With the money she earns by selling fish, she now can pays for her son's education, food, clothes, healthcare and other expenses.
8. Wilfred's Leap of Faith
- Tweet: Meet Wilfred, a farmer + pastor who dreams of helping his community grow resilient against drought. https://youtu.be/eePZWJ0H6uI
- Tweet: Pastor Wilfred Charles helped his village manage the effects of #ElNiño. Watch his story. #resilience https://youtu.be/eePZWJ0H6uI
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Wilfred, the farmer + pastor who is helping his community grow resilient against drought. https://youtu.be/eePZWJ0H6uI
- Facebook: Watch how a Malawian farmer and pastor helped his community grow resilient against drought by building an irrigation system in his village of Mitawa, Malawi. We're working to help communities, like the people of Mitawa Village, to break the cycle of drought and become more resilient. https://youtu.be/eePZWJ0H6uI
- Instagram: Wilfred Charles, a 35-year-old Malawian farmer and pastor, is one of six volunteers who built an irrigation system at the village of Mitawa. The six worked for three years so that their community can regularly supply water to their fields and be self-reliant. USAID introduced Wilfred's community to the irrigation system so they can supply water to their crops and provided food aid to support them as they were building the irrigation canals. As a result, the community is now able to grow more food with less water. USAID is working to help communities, like the people of Mitawa Village, to break the cycle of drought and and become more resilient.
9. An Olive Peace
- Tweet: Meet Ayala + Khaled, unlikely friends who dream of fostering peace in the #MiddleEast. https://goo.gl/78pWSX
- Tweet: How can #olive oil foster #peacebuilding in the Middle East? A @USAID program is finding out: https://goo.gl/78pWSX #Israelis #Palestinians
- Facebook: Meet Ayala + Khaled, unlikely friends who are fostering peace in the #MiddleEast through olive oil. https://goo.gl/78pWSX
- Facebook: “The olives here and the olives there come from the same soil.” Khaled and Ayala may come from opposite sides of a conflict, but their love for the region’s most beloved fruit has brought them together. Watch the powerful video: “An Olive Peace”. https://goo.gl/78pWSX
- Instagram: Khaled and Ayala are an unlikely pair. One Israeli and one Palestinian. USAID has tapped their mutual love for olives to bring them together through the program Olive Oil Without Borders. Watch a powerful video about Khaled and Ayala’s friendship at our storytelling hub. Our profile link takes you there. #AnOlivePeace #Israeli #Palestinian #OliveOil #Olives #Peacebuilding #agriculture
10. Twice the Rice
- Tweet: Meet Taroni, a rice farmer who dreams of giving his children the opportunity to pursue their dreams.
- Tweet: Twice the Rice: Farm Families Dream Big in #Bangladesh https://goo.gl/Hh293y #Resilience @FeedtheFuture
- Facebook: Every achievement begins with a dream. Meet Taroni, the rice farmer who is determined to give his children the opportunity to pursue their own dreams.
- Facebook: Taroni is rice farmer and a father of two children - with big dreams. See how he is providing them with an opportunity to pursue their dreams. https://goo.gl/TvUwr8
- Instagram: Taroni is a rural rice farmer in Bangladesh. Growing up, Taroni’s father often said to him, “Son, rice is our life. Rice is everything.” He wakes up every day and prays for a good yield of rice. And with improved farming skills he learned from Feed the Future, Taroni is now yielding twice the rice from the same piece of land. As a husband and a father of two children, Taroni’s boosted yields and income is improving his family’s future. For Taroni’s full story, visit https://goo.gl/TvUwr8. #FeedtheFuture #Bangladesh #EndHunger #EndPoverty #GoodNews #BrighterFuture