Ecology is the Science of relationships. It focuses on the interactions between organisms and their environment.
Activity 1 - abiotic & biotic factors
The environment is made up of two factors:
- Biotic factors: All living organisms. This includes plant cells, animal cells and unicellular organisms.
- Abiotic factors: All non-living parts of the environment. This includes temperature, soil, rocks, water, and air.
Making Observations: Have a look at the video clip below and make sure to identify a minimum of 5 abiotic and 5 biotic things seen.
Activity 2 - trophic levels and their interactions
Look at the following website and fill in the table below
Watch the video clip again this time take a screenshot of:
- 1 x Producer
- 1 x Herbivore Consumer
- 1 x Omnivore Consumer
- 1 x Carnivore Consumer
For each screenshot make sure to justify why you have classified it as a producer, herbivore, omnivore or carnivore
Activity 3 - [PBL]
You will be required to design a planet that does not exist and develop a 2-3 minute digital presentation. That explains:
• Name of planet
• Where planet is found
• A satellite image of planet
• A cross section of planet
• Biospheres and different ecosystems
• A list of abiotic and biotic factors
• One functional food chain and images to illustrate