ChessieChessie is the official newsletter of the Chesapeake District Junior Civitans. Chessie (the crab) has been our District Mascot since 2015. Make sure to follow Chessie and our District on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
@chesapeakejrcivitan and @chessiechessie
Please share with all your club members
Hi Junior Civitans! My name is Deven Desai your 2019-2020 Governor for the Chesapeake District.
I hope you all had a great summer break and are ready to get your clubs rolling again.
The District Board met over the summer to start planning our year. In this issue, you will see some of these plans that include our Fall District Meeting on October 19th, our two District Projects, and our Annual Convention. We are also updating COAST. (Chesapeake Officer, Advisor, Sponsor Training)
This year, COAST will be in the form of slides that you can view independently, with your fellow club officers or even your entire club. COAST will be available in the next couple of weeks. Make sure we have your Club Officer Reports with (non-school emails) so you are notified as soon as it is ready.
We want to know how to better support you. Please reach out to me at email@example.com or your Lieutenant Governors; let them know of any challenges you might be having or any successes we can celebrate with you..
I am excited to see what you, your clubs and our district will accomplish this year and how we each will "Make the World a Better Place."
To follow are some tips, suggestions and ideas to help your club spread the word about the awesome service projects and leadership opportunities to help you grow and strengthen your club.
As soon as you have elected your officers for 2019-2020, fill out and email your office report to: ChesapeakeJrCivitan@gmail.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. MAKE SURE TO SAVE IT TO A PDF FIRST
(Note: some school email addresses do not allow outside emails, if you have a non-school email address use that instead)
club Activity Report due october 10th
Submit your October Activity Report on-line. BEFORE YOU HIT SUBMIT, make sure to print/save to a pdf and email a copy to ChesapeakeJrCivitan@gmail.com and your Lt. Governor.
Activity Reports are now MANDATORY to achieve HONOR CLUB.
Plan your year using the Honor Club form. Fill out the form as you hold meetings and projects. Don't wait unitl the end of the year.
All reports can be found at:
become an ambassador
ALL Junior Civitans, are eligible. You do not have to be a District or Club Officer to apply.
5 different committees of Junior Civitan Ambassador members will be run by your International Board officers.
Each group will conduct Zoom conference calls pertaining to the focus of their committee. These committees will yield highly beneficial discussions as you brainstorm and pursue innovative ideas of approaching the many aspects of your leadership roles.
The availability of each committee (their meeting dates and times) are specified in the Ambassador application form.
*Note: each committee has a limited number of slots available.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: October 1, 2019
MEMBERSHIP & RECRUITMENT - International Director Rachel Stripp
- This committee will focus on the growth of membership and the retaining of current Junior Civitan members. The team will brainstorm ways to build more Juniors Civitan clubs all around (community and school clubs), focus on helping and building up at-risk or struggling clubs, and ensuring new clubs are built in areas of strong support.
SOCIAL MEDIA - International Director Ethan Jeffus
- This committee with come up with tips/tricks to share with clubs and districts about effective social media use, such as template posts to share with their followers (ie. campaign promotions, convention promotions, etc.). It will provide an outlet for all Junior Civitans to be able to grow in their overall knowledge of social media--using it most efficiently as a tool for clubs, districts, and the organization as a whole.
FUNDRAISING - International Vice President Ethan Fabian
- This committee will focus on club fundraising ideas and the sharing of certain fundraising techniques. The committee will revolve around encouraging and providing usable methods and ideas for those who are fundraising for All-in-Summit and Dance-a-Thon.
CAMPAIGNS - International Director Dylan Kegeris
- This committee will focus on checking on clubs/districts regarding their participation in Junior Civitan international Service Campaigns (ie. World Junior Civitan Day, Social Causes Awareness, Collection Selection, Environmental Awareness, and Membership Recruitment). Conversations will include current campaigns, project brainstorming, and social media presence (related to the campaigns).
GOVERNORS - International President Victoria Bailey
- This committee will include a group of Governors who will meet regularly (apart from the All-in-Summit trainings) to discuss ideas, membership growth, updates, and overall stay better connected throughout the year.
- *Please note that this committee to open to ALL Governors. You will not be required to apply for this committee if you are a Governor, you will immediately become a member. Your attendance in the meetings will depend on your availability with the scheduled date and times I will share with you via a later e-mail. ONLY Governors are permitted to be members of this committee.*
Junior Civitan International