This week's TOP3.
- Tech4Testing Game Plan: For those of you who feel most secure when you see the FULL plan, click on the link below to see exactly how we will distribute ChromeBooks for the remainder of the year.
- Clarifying the Tech4Testing Game Plan: If you use a ChromeBook we assigned you as your teacher device (i.e., our answer to your nearly obsolete desktop!) please don't imagine we will collect it and make you share it for testing! The ONLY devices we count in the testing plan are devices assigned to the classrooms for student use AND the loaners on the unassigned teacher cart at high school. We will NOT claim for testing purposes the one device dedicated to your work as a teacher!
- Tech4Tesing Game Plan, Your Turn: To help us ensure that classroom ChromeBook needs are covered as best we're able during testing, please submit specific requests for grades 3-7 via the form below.
- (From last week & continuing through May) Reusing those old, creepingly slow desktops: Remember that if you're now using a new Chromebook as your teacher device, we plan to do a round-up of the desktop monsters in your resource rooms and classrooms this summer. Please make sure you've moved critical files that you saved locally (C:// drive) to the Google Drive before the beginning of June. We will spend the summer rebuilding the desktops that can be saved and repurpose them as drivers for Promethean Boards, projectors and attendance kiosks in your rooms.
- (From last week & continuing through May) Keep those ChromeBooks in good working order! Many more little hands will be on these devices between now and test days.
- Please make sure you are reminding our young scholars not to sit on the floor to use ChromeBooks. (The devices lie defenseless on the floor when the kids get up to go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, talk with friends, etc.)
- Please remind my your friends to keep their pencils out of the orafices of the ChromeBooks--pleasing, but damaging nonetheless.
- Please make sure every young scholar logs out of the ChromeBook when he or she is finished with it.
- Please let us know the minute you see damage or see performance issues!
We need to keep the ChromeBooks working at tiptop condition as they are now!
TO MAKE LIFE A LITTLE BIT EASIER.
MISSED It by that much.
Coming this week to a MS classroom near you! I swear I'm coming to see you. I thought I was overworked. Apparently I'm a slacker who simply doesn't show on Fridays . . .
Support@nucentric.com: wired pcs and laptops, CSD.local domain, wireless or wired Internet connection, etc. AND SEND A SCREENSHOT!!!!!! (Know that we will poke back and insist on a screenshot. It is the most efficient way to help us diagnose what's up.)
Tech Team Students are available for triage and diagnosis ONLY. Please do not tempt them to make changes to your device! They remain on provisional licenses only!