Moving Your Content Online
1) Attend a webinar or workshop
2) Enroll in the Blackboard Essentials Training Course
This is an open course in Blackboard designed to teach faculty some of the essential tools we recommend utilizing in your online course.
You may enroll in this course today and have access the content. The course will officially begin Friday, March 13th.
3) Setup your technology
University Technology Services has identified tools in place for the UTSA community to facilitate getting their work done from home or any off-campus location.
Make sure your computer has one of the recommended web-browsers for increased Blackboard compatibility. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are recommended, free, and available for Apple's Mac OS, Windows PCs, and most mobile devices.
Updating your Computer. It's important that your computer is kept up to date. If you use a UTSA issued laptop or tablet, please bring it on campus and connect to our network so it can be updated. It should be noted that this process may take a few hours depending on the number of updates that need to be installed. Please contact University Technology Solutions at x5555 or email@example.com if you require assistance.
4) Communicate with your students
- Inform your students how you prefer to communicate with them and how often you will be checking your course and messages.
- Blackboard Learn. Blackboard is UTSA's Learning Management System (LMS). All UTSA courses have an online Blackboard shell that allow instructors to post course materials, engage students, and promote collaboration. Some tools to help you communicate in Blackboard are Announcements and Course Messages.
- Blackboard Collaborate. With Collaborate, you can offer virtual office hours sessions.
NOTE: Make sure your course is accessible for all students.
5) Share a digital version of your syllabus and schedule
- Upload the latest version of your syllabus and schedule in Blackboard.
- Blackboard Learn. Using the content folder inside your Blackboard course, Select Build Content > File, and select your syllabus for upload.