Employees are key for a corporation’s success. They are what drive the company’s goals – to maximize profits. In order to do so, a company needs passionate and hardworking employees. A company can do a lot in order to have and keep those employees, and it has to do with a company’s culture. A company’s culture needs to be properly maintained and watered, like a plant. The COVID-19 pandemic has made this difficult, especially in the retail industry. This research will explore how Sephora Canada, a leader in the retail beauty industry, did in terms of keeping company culture strong during unprecedented and stressful times by surveying current employees.
Some sample questions asked of interviewees:
- How would you rate your satisfaction with Sephora's culture and engagement?
- How would you rate Sephora dedication to diversity and inclusiveness?
- How determined are you to give your best effort at work every day?
- What communication channels does Sephora have in place?
- How often do you participate in team-building exercises and activities?
Nikki Niamir is a fourth year student at Ryerson University majoring in Professional Communications with a minor in English. Her interests involve internal communications and the importance of a strong company culture. She is also passionate about social media, digital communication, public relations and risk and crisis communications.