- Glogster EDU www.glogster.com
- Description: Glogster is an online poster maker. It allows the user to create an interactive poster with text, images, sounds, and videos. Teachers can set up their classes (there is usually a free 30 day trial you can use once per year) and will have access to student accounts and glogs.
Type: Online, web-based tool -- Description: Blabberize allows students to take any picture, record information, and make the picture "talk". Example: Students have to find a picture of a rock and make the rock tell its life story( how it went throughout the rock cycle).
- Pearltrees www.pearltrees.com
- Type: Web-based tool & Mobile Device application
- Description: This is a wonderful, free resource. It's a mind mapping tool that allows you to map not only words but pictures, webpages, etc. Students can start with the main idea of their presentation and then link to the supporting details, whatever (and wherever) they are. (Example: a video they created and uploaded to YouTube, an online timeline to reference, a photo of a unique artifact, etc.)
- Popplet www.popplet.com
- Description: Popplet is an online idea brainstorming and collaboration tool.
Type: Online, web-based tool, Ipad accessible Description: Prezi is a really neat presentation tool that is extremely accessible to students. This tool enables students to organize their information in a visually appealing way. They can add both text as well as graphics.
Description: This allows you to easily take screen shots of anything and voice over the clip. You can use multiple shots. It is very easy to do. Students can make presentations using shots of things they are researching and easily include their voices.
Description: Sliderocket is very similar to Power Point, but is completely web based, and can be used to collaborate between several students. Get super creative!
Description: Storybird is a way for students to make and create online storybooks. The website provides you with many art collections to choose from for your illustrations and with a template for students to write their stories on. Students can write on a topic of their choosing, or they can write on an assigned topic.
Description: This tool allows students to create and manipulate their own timeline of events. They input dates with descriptions and TimeGlider plots it. You can edit text, add pictures, and manipulate the 'points' on the timeline. It's free and easy to set up.
We want to hear your VOICE!
Description: VoiceThread is a great site for students to create a presentation using videos, docs, or images. Students can easily record their voices and use the pen to write within the presentation.
Description: Voki is a free website where you can create customized avatars and add voices to them. One example: Students created the animal that was in their ecosystem and then explained the endangered animal's habitat and everything else that you could find in that animal’s ecosystem.
Description: Weebly is a website creation tool that is super easy to use! You can add photos, photo slideshows, YouTube videos, upload files, and so much more. You can even add a blog to the website that you create!.
Google Sites www.sites.google.com
Description: Same as Weebly, but using GoogleSites can be a little easier if you are familiar with google products. It is very east to incorporate google slides, photos, docs, sheets etc into a Google Site. Plus it's FREE because we are a Google school!
Description: Students can enter any information and turn it into an animated video. Students are able to select and customize characters, scenes, sound effects, motions, and other features. My students used to present research in a fun creative way.
Adobe Spark spark.adobe.com
Description: This presentation was done as a Spark Page. You can create videos, story boards, memes and much more. Adobe Spark gives you stock images, backgrounds, text features and music or you can add your own. The newest feature is that you can record your voice over a presentation, images or videos to create a very personal presentation!