Outlook for Mac is same as MS outlook in windows, with difference in their data files. MAC stores file in OLM format and while MS Outlook saves data in PST format. These data files consist of all mails, messages, contacts, tasks, notes, journals and calendar events.
If you are switching to MS Outlook from MAC then you need to convert OLM to PST. A manual method to convert OST files to PST is by using IMAP account. This method will export OLM data to PST file. Steps to export data from OLM and import to Outlook PST file are given below:
Setup IMAP Account
- Create a IMAP account either on gmail or any other email client. Taking reference as gmail follow further steps
- Go to Settings and click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Scroll down and select Enable IMAP, click on save changes button. IMAP account is created
Configure IMAP Account with OLM
- Launch Outlook for MAC in your system
- Go to Tools>>Accounts>>Emails
- Enter IMAP account's username & password, click Add account button
Synchronize IMAP Account with OLM
- Go to IMAP account (Gmail) settings
- Click on Label tab and click create new label at last of page
- Check mark show in IMAP box
- Go to Outlook and click send/receive button
Move Data from OLM to IMAP Account
- Open Outlook for MAC and select folder from mailbox which you want to transfer like Inbox, sent items or all folders
- Right click on folder and select Move>>copy to folder
- New dialog box will appear. Mention the name of IMAP folder and click copy.
- Now click on send/receive button.
- Now setup the same IMAP account on MS outlook and drag the data of IMAP gmail account to Windows MS outlook folder. This way your OLM data is moved to PST manually.