weekly school News
You will receive an email from the office each Friday afternoon/evening that will provide you with the latest information/news regarding MIS. You should also receive correspondence from your child's teachers each Friday or Monday with classroom/grade level updates.
1. We have had a great start to the school year. We appreciate all of your support in this occurring and hope that you all have a restful weekend. We look forward to seeing everybody back Monday Morning!
2. NWEA Assessment Information (CLICK HERE)
3. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are currently building our rosters for the 2019 - 2020 school year. We are hopeful that you will be receiving a welcome email from School Dismissal Manager by the end of next week. Please click on the link in the email to set up your account for this year. We plan to start using School Dismissal Manager early next week. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
4. Fall Semester Lunch Menu (CLICK HERE)
5. School Pictures: Picture Day will be held on August 15th. Each student will have his/her picture taken on this day to be included in the yearbook whether you plan to purchase a picture package or not. You will be receiving a packet regarding this next week. In the near future, we will also share details on how to order online.
6. 2019-20 Lunch Times: *Please be aware that our lunch times vary each day this year. If you plan to visit your student, you will want be be familiar with these times. If you are bringing in lunch, we ask that you limit this to just your student. Don’t forget to bring your state issued ID if you wish to enter the cafe. If you are buying a school lunch for yourself or another guest, please bring cash as you cannot use the money in the student account.
7. Maxwell Pick-up/Drop-off - Doors open at 7:35am/Pick up - 2:10pm Dismissal
Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North (BLUE LINE on picture below). The drop-off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9.
Our south parking (ORANGE/RED) lot is for busses only between 7:20-7:55am and 1:35-2:25pm as busses stage there. At any other time of the day, this is used for parent parking.
The drive on the far north of our property is for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive at any time.
To best ensure your child makes it to the classroom on time, and safely, please remember the following rules in car line:
8. MIS Spiritwear: To order MIS gear, please click here.
9. PTO News (Next Meeting: Thursday, August 8th @ 2:30pm in the Library)
Parents and Families—this year’s main fundraiser is the MAXWELL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL FUN RUN! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Monday, August 19th. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs/walks (30-35 fun laps) at the Maxwell Intermediate School Fun Run, which will happen on Friday, August 30th. This year our goal is to raise $15,000 for Field trips, Transportation fees, Student and Teacher supplies and incentives, and we need your help! We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward supporting our school, teachers, and students during the entire two-week experience. So please help our school by getting pledges from family and friends and entering them on FUNRUN.COM. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on our students at the MIS FUN RUN. You and your student will receive more information on this great event on August 19th, 2019. Thanks so much for your support!
If you desire to observe/volunteer for this event, you must have a volunteer profile completed and approved. Please see #9 below for details.
10. Volunteer Forms (CLICK HERE)
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
-If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
11. Medical Information - Please check the link for the latest on immunization and medical plan information.
Walk in immunization clinics are being held at the Hancock County Health Department. Clinics will be held tomorrow from 9am-3pm each day. Call 317-477-1125 for more information.
12. 2019-20 Corporation School Calendar
13. 2019-20 MIS Parent Event Calendar: This link will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
August 8th: PTO Meeting (2:30-3:15 - Library)
August 12th: Kakuda, Japan Visitors (9:45am)
August 15th: Picture Day
August 19th: PTO Boosterthon Fundraiser Kick-Off
August 30th: PTO Boosterthon Fun Run
November 7th: E-Learning Day
February 5th: E-Learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY