Why it’s important
- 89% of teens have their own smartphone
- They grew up on Instagram and Snapchat
- They do research papers on google classroom
And teen suicide, cyber bullying & eroding social skills are attention-worthy
What you can do
- Model healthy habits / healthy engagement with devices
- Research, be aware of useful, helpful apps, etc., that both you and young people can use.
- Communicate: ask what their using, whom they interact with, how to use the apps.
Other helpful/health-promoting apps
Meditation Studio, Calm, Headspace