Counseling Office Updates
Manual Achievement Center (MAC) is now Open. If you need a tutor or more information - click here.
Clubs/Organizations - Manual will be offering a virtual Club Con event that will highlight all clubs/organizations - this virtual platform will be available in March. A list of our clubs/organization can be found here.
Free ACT Prep Resource for ALL Manual Students! (Juniors - you will want to review this resource to help prepare for the April 13th ACT Test Date.)
Individual Learning Plan (ILP): All students have an assignment on your Counseling Google Classroom with your ILP instructions.
JCPS Back Pack of Success - Information for Manual Students
Seniors: Mid Year Reports - if you need a mid-year report sent to your college/university and they are not listed on the Common App - please request your transcript to be sent through Parchment - click here for directions.
Student Spotlight: Rivers Tarr (VA - 12th Grade) Senior Art Portfolio
Manual's Black History Month Program
We are excited to announce that duPont Manual's 20th Annual Black Lives Matter Black History...OUR History Celebration will be held virtually during Crimson Hours on February 24th. There will be two programs presented. The first program will be from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The second program will be held from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m.
Each program will be the same, so this gives our students an opportunity to see it. Students must have an opportunity to attend one of the scheduled programs. It's very important that our students are involved with and understand the importance of this history.
Please mark your calendar for February 24, 2021! It is going to be an amazing program!!!
Article: Tulane University Admission Blog – January 12, 2021: How to stay admitted to that college or university. I present you, six ways to have your admission rescinded: GO HERE.
The Graduation Keynote Address Competition
From: Ms. Alesia Williams
We will be continuing the great tradition of The Graduation Keynote Address Competition that was kicked off in 2014 by the first winner, Christopher Bird. All students interested in being the voice of the class of 2021 are encouraged to create an audition speech video. We are looking for creativity, character, and charisma. Here are some of the details:
-Join the Graduation Speech Competition Google Classroom (code: m5nf4ji) to access the guidelines and resources. https://classroom.google.com/c/MjQ2ODQ1NzAyOTUx?cjc=m5nf4ji
- Speeches must remain within the 5-to-6-minute timeframe.
- Speeches may be delivered by an individual or by partners.
- We encourage students to think outside the box and be creative with the choices they make about the content, rhetoric, and delivery.
- Upload a copy of your speech to the Google Classroom assignment by Friday, March 19th or you will be disqualified.
- Upload your video to the Google Classroom assignment by Friday, March 19th or you will be disqualified.
- Email Ms. Williams to let her know you have submitted the 2 required elements of the Google Classroom assignment (upload the a copy of your speech and the video of your delivery). email@example.com
Created with images by MarekPhotoDesign.com - "dream big, set goals, take action" • McElspeth - "graduation cap graduation cap"