- When Adolf Hitler was a young boy,he had an aggressive and short tempered father ,Alios,who would often take it out on the young boy
- With his abusive father,he also had his sweet,loving mother ,Klara,who would often take Hitler's side when Alios had an outburst at him.
- He had four siblings,a little brother,Edmund,a little sister,Paula,a big brother,Alios jr.,and a big sister,Angela.
- Sadly,Edmund died at the age of six of measles.This was the first time Hitler,a child who loved warfare,experienced death.
- A little while after,his mother died of breast cancer,which fueled his hatred of Jews,because her docter was Jewish.
- He was shy and introverted in school and did not get along with other kids well and did failed French
- He was scrawny and short and always mad.
- When his mother died, he moved to Linz,Austia,which is where he spent most of his childhood.
- Even though he may have said he was pure-blood German,he was actually born in Braunau am inn,Austria.
- Despite his main focus being conquering Germany,he also was a artist/painter.
- He mainly drew landscapes such as buildings and mountains, but he also drew a picture of his mother on her deathbed.
- He was denied from The Academy of Fine Arts because they wanted someone who could do more than just landscape art.
- When he died,they put his paintings up for auction but ended up being withdrawn.
- He dropped painting when WW2 broke out.
- When Hitler was in WW1,he was injured by an enemy bomb shell
- He was an army political agent.
- He fought in the First Battle of Ypres.
- When he was starting out in as the German leader,he wanted people to regard him as a "war hero with an iron cross".
- He was had an inadequate physical vigour when WW1 broke out.
- He became a member of DAP when WW1 started,which he changed to the Nazis party.
- He started the Nazis party in 1914.
- This party was Fascist and anti Marxist and anti semitite.
- Hitler used a lot of persuasive and brainwashing tactics to make Germans believe they were superior and Jews were insignificant.
- By the end of WW2,the Nazis party killed 11 million people.
- Hitler took over the Nazis party,which was formerly the DAP,after Hidenburg's death.
- Hitler wanted people to call him Fuhrer.
- The beer hall took place in Munich,Putsch in 1923.
- This is where Hitler marched and tried to capture the capitol.
- He was thrown in jail and this is where he gained publicity and wrote "Mein Kampf".
- Mein Kampf is about Hitlers beliefs and struggles,which Mein Kampf actually translates to is "My Struggles".
- People did criticize his actions and there was a newspaper article that said,"Adolf Hitler,is he a traitor?"
- The Nazis and Hitler invaded Poland in 1939.
- When the Nazis invaded Poland,this was the start of WW2.
- This caught the attention of Great Britain and France,and the USSR,who would soon become the Allied powers.
- Hitler invaded Poland to extend the German empire.
- The allied powers got involved because Hitler disobeyed the Treaty of Versailles.
- This was the time of the Holocaust where 11 million people,including 6 million Jews,were killed.
- Hitler thought that Jews were not real Germans.
- Hitler burned down Reichstag.
- Hitler had a girlfriend,named Eva Braun.
- He married her 24 hours before committing suicide.
- He also had a dog named Honey.
- Hitler had another girlfriend before EvaBraun,named Stefanie Rabatsch,he talked about her in a book about his childhood.
- It is believed Hilter had a secret son,Jean-Marie Loret,with Charlotte Lobjoie.
- Hitler was 56 and Eva was 33.
- Hitler committed suicide on April 30,1945.
- He poisoned himself by shooting himself in the side of his head.
- He poisoned his wife,Eva Braun,with cyanide.
- He tested the cyanide on his beloved dog,Honey.
- He committed suicide because the Russians were coming to invade.
- He killed Eva because he didn't want her to be captured by the Russians.
- They committed suicide in an underground bunker.
- They died in Berlin,Germany.
- They died at the end of World War 2.
- The food and drink that Eva ate was laced with the cyanide.
The History Place - The Rise of Adolf Hitler: Chapter Index. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"Adolf." Hitler's Rise to Power. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"Adolf Hitler." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, 28 Feb. 2017. Web. 20 Apr. 2017.
"Adolf Hitler." History Learning Site. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
"BBC - History - World Wars: The Rise of Adolf Hitler." BBC News. BBC. Web. 20 Apr. 2017.
"The Fragility of Democracy: Hitler's Rise to Power." Facing History and Ourselves. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.
Knapp, Wilfrid F., Alan Bullock, and Baron Bullock. "Adolf Hitler." Encyclopedia Britannica. Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc., 02 Sept. 2015. Web. 21 Apr. 2017.