Low self esteem is something everyone experiences in their lifetime. You are not the only one. You may feel very alone, but i can assure you, you are not. Low self esteem can show itself in many different ways, you may feel like you are not good enough, you may feel very self aware. What i mean by this is that you care more about how others see you rather than being yourself. You may feel like a target to others and you may also feel trapped, but theres ways to overcome these feelings and i'm going to show you how.
Instead of saying horrible things to yourself, replace it with kinder, more supportive ones. If you appreciate the good things about yourself, it will help with your way of thinking, you won't think so negatively of yourself.
Write about a time in your past where you have felt embarrassed, rejected or felt like you were a failure, write how you felt at the time. After doing this, imagine this event happened to one of your best friends. You clearly do not like the thought of your friend upset, so write a letter to your friend and try to make them feel better. This will make you feel better about the embarrassing event that happened.
If you start to feel trapped, stressed and unhappy again and you have already tried the first method, try this. Grab two pieces of paper and follow what i say.
- On the first piece of paper, list all the good things about yourself. This can be anything you want to put down, as long as it is good and its about you.
- On the second piece of paper, list all the things you do not like about yourself.
- Keep the first piece of paper somewhere safe, look at it whenever you start to feel bad about yourself.
- As for the second piece of paper....
- Crumple it up into a very small ball
- Hold it over a bin......wait for it...
- Drop it