Nanga Mai Awards 2020 - Congratulations Alliera
Nanga Mai is an Eora (Sydney) word meaning ‘to dream.’
The Nanga Mai Awards celebrate and recognise Aboriginal students, Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal teachers, other departmental staff, Aboriginal community members and schools demonstrating excellence across a diversity of areas within the New South Wales Department of Education.
In a special ceremony held on Friday, I had the honour of presenting a 2020 Nanga Mai award to Alliera from 5-6H. Alliera received the Nanga Mai award for her achievements in school leadership, academic achievement, sport and community service.
Alliera was presented her award by Ms Meghanne Wellard, Executive Director of Educational Leadership for the North Coast Region and Mr Peter Campbell, Director of Educational Leadership for Lennox Coast, at a special assembly attended by her family and the students of Stage 2 and Stage 3 of Ballina Public School.
Congratulations Alliera from all of us at Ballina Public School.
Playground is finished and in service.
I'm pleased to report that the improvement works here at Ballina Public School continue.
Last week the adventure playground in the south western corner of the playground came into active service and it is a popular addition to our playground.
Work is continuing on the new walkway and entrance to the office and the finishing touches are being put on the bell system to transmit to the eastern campus.
Please call before collecting your children.
To all parents and carers, if you are picking up your child from the office during school hours for an appointment, can you please ring the school prior to your arrival so that the office ladies can organise your child to be waiting for you. Thank you.
As we come into the final weeks of the school year, we are reminded of how tough a year it has been due to Covid-19 and the ongoing restrictions with regards to parent and carers visiting our school. We miss you all!
It is indeed unfortunate that year-end events in the next few weeks will only be able to be attended by staff and students this year. These events include the PBL Awards Ceremony, Year 6 Farewell and the School Presentation Ceremony.
We understand how frustrating it is for parents and carers not to be able to share these special moments with your children in person. We will be endeavouring to take as many photos and videos as possible and we will be sharing these with you via the Newsletter, our Website, Facebook and the School Stream App in the coming weeks.
Have a wonderful week of learning.
Stacie Luppi, Principal.
- Monday Nov 23 to Thursday Nov 26: Intensive Swimming Program. Years 3 to 6. 9.30 - 11.30 am. Ballina Memorial Pool.
- Monday Nov 23 and Tuesday Nov 24: Kindergarten Orientation Days for Class of 2021. More information coming next week.
- Friday Nov 27: "Jump Rope for Heart" Jump Off Day.
- Monday Nov 30: Intensive Swimming Program - Last Day. Years 3 to 6. 9.30 - 11.30 am. Ballina Memorial Pool.
- Tuesday Dec 1: PBL Awards Assembly for students who achieve 100 PBL Points. 9.45 am in the Hall. (COVID-19 restrictions apply).
- Wednesday Dec 2: Year 6 Transition to High School. At Ballina Coast High School. 9.30 am to 2 pm.
- Thursday Dec 3: Gungalair Transition on Country Day.
- Friday Dec 4: Talent Quest. Middle session. In the Hall. (COVID-19 restrictions apply).
- Monday Dec 7: P&C Meeting to discuss the future of the School Canteen. New members urgently needed!
- Tuesday Dec 8: Presentation Ceremony. In the school hall. Only students and staff can attend due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Wednesday Dec 9: Year 6 Farewell Night. Only students and staff can attend due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Thursday Dec 10: PBL Rewards Day. Laser Tag. For selected students only.
- Friday Dec 11: Stage 3 Fun Day. For all stage 3 students.
- Friday Dec 11: School Reports for Semester 2 go home.
- Monday Dec 14: Moving Day.
- Wednesday Dec 16: Last Day of School for 2020. Happy Holidays!
Swimming Photo Gallery is Online
The Ballina Public School Intensive Swimming Program continues this week with Years 3 to 6 swimming every morning this week from Monday to Thursday and again next Monday, November 30.
The Kindergarten to Year 2 Program wrapped up last Thursday. We have just uploaded a huge gallery of photos of K-2 Swimming to our website. You can views hundreds of swimming photos by clicking below:
Kindergarten orientation is taking place at Ballina Public this week. Its great to welcome our Kindergarten "Class of 2021" as they meet their new teachers and friends and get ready for "Big School" next year.
Important P&C Meeting - Our Canteen is in Danger!
Urgent P&C Meeting
Monday 7th December at 4pm in Staffroom.
Agenda to discuss limited Canteen operations for 2021.
In order for the P&C to continue to operate a canteen we need parent members to join our P&C otherwise we are in danger of closing the Canteen permanently.
So come along and have a look at how our School Canteen can operate in 2021 and help us say thank you and goodbye to Colleen, our Canteen Manager after 12 years of wonderful service to our school.
We hope to see you there!
Year 5 Speak Up to be School Captains
Last Thursday, Year 5 students who were nominated for election to be 2021 school captains gave their nomination speeches to years 3, 4 and 5.
The nominees for girl's captains for 2021 are:
- Mali (5/6C)
- Tysha (5/6H)
- Lilly (5/6H)
- Jahdee (5/6R)
- Kadyn (5/6B)
- Eliza (5/6R)
- Leona (5/6C)
- Heidi (5/6R)
- Amarney (5/6B)
- Abbey (5/6B)
- Emily (5/6B)
- Grace (5/6C)
- Sienna (5/6B)
The nominees for boy's captains for 2021 are:
- Patrick (5/6B)
- Bohdi (5/6B)
- Riley (5/6H)
- Isaac (5/6H)
- Nate (5/6B)