Established in 1969 by legendary rod builders Tom Dorsey and Tom Maxwell, company ownership evolved over time. Over the years the fundamental beliefs, values and singularity of purpose behind Thomas & Thomas were challenged but never abandoned. To this day, this purpose has kept Tom Dorsey creating the unrivaled Thomas & Thomas fly rods.
‘The relentless pursuit of innovation, superior quality and uncompromising performance in creation of the world’s finest handcrafted fly rods.’
The Exocett Series
Our fast action, flagship saltwater series.
Developed to meet the challenges of the most demanding species and destinations, T&T’s Exocett Series of high-performance saltwater fly rods are infused with the exceptional strength and dampening characteristics of our proprietary StratoTherm Resin.
- The Exocett Predator: The power to deliver the largest flies
- The Exocett SS: Designed to counter the inherent challenges of casting sinking lines or ultra-compact floating lines.
- The Exocett Surf: Built to combat wind and waves
- 4-piece multi-modulus blank with stealth matte “T&T Blue” Low-Friction Finish.
- Choice of ceramic titanium frame or RECoil stripping guides.
- Black RECoil snake guides.
- Ultra-premium cork full wells grip.
- Milled aluminum up-locking saltwater reel seat.
- Includes aluminum rod tube with machined bar-stock aluminum collar and cap. Blue powder-coat with pewter Thomas & Thomas logo
The Zone Series
The Zone series pushes the envelope in both performance and price, bringing the latest R&D from Thomas & Thomas to more fly anglers than ever before. Sharing the advanced StratoTherm resin developed for the acclaimed Avantt and Exocett series, Zone rods are rolled and built by hand alongside those flagship models right here in our Massachusetts, USA facility.
- 3wt-4wt Medium/fast action 5wt-10wt fast action.
- Natural finish carbon appearance.
- Clear anodized premium aluminum hardware.
- Blue fiber reel seat hand rolled at T&T.
- Composite reinforced premium-quality cork grips.
- Titanium frame stripping guides with Zirconium inserts.
- T&T Blue thread with silver accent wraps.
- Includes aluminum rod tube with Thomas & Thomas Zone logo.
The Paradigm Series
The Ultimate Presentation Rod
Ask a group of experienced anglers to name the greatest dry fly rod of all time, and the T&T Paradigm is sure to be mentioned more than once. Over twenty years later, we’ve followed the same inspiration that made the original into a legend to create a new Paradigm for the 21st century.
Also View: The Paradigm 50th Anniversary Edition
- Lightweight Titanium finish Single Foot REC guides
- Matte Titanium finish roll-stamped hardware
- USA sourced Bird's Eye Maple spacers
- Beautiful new semi-gloss blue surface finish
- Hand-written logo, serial numbers, and additional visual accents
- Ultra-light rods with smooth, medium flex action for exceptional presentations.