In this busy world, our experiences of happiness are fleeting and short-lived, while inner peace eludes us completely.
Our negative states of mind, such as uncontrolled desire and anger, create endless problems for ourselves and others, and prevent us from fulfilling our deepest wishes. In these classes we will gain clear and simple solutions, guiding us to an oasis of peace within our hearts.
This autumn we will be exploring the very practical benefits of understanding where our problems really come from and how we can develop the wisdom and skillful means to truly solve all our "human problems"..........
From the week commencing 3rd September
In September though to mid-October, the classes will be examining the role of meditation in achieving lasting happiness, getting to grips with the true source of our problems and how through applying the instructions given we can start to experience the joy, happiness and inner peace of meditation and mindfulness.
From the week commencing 29th October
During this second set of classes, we will be exploring anger: from the mildest of irritations to the most uncontrolled rage, anger only serves to harm ourselves and others. It serves no useful purpose even though we may sometimes feel justified in being angry and upset. We'll be learning to solve our problems without the destructive mind of anger - a very practical and inspiring set of instructions for our day-to-day life which anyone can use and benefit from.
About Our Classes
- Everyone is welcome
- No previous experience needed
- Start coming to a class anytime - all classes are self-contained so it won't matter if you miss some or miss the start of term
- Attend all the classes or just drop-in when you can
- No need to book - simply turn up on the night
- Available across 12 locations in West Devon and Cornwall and on Thursday evenings at Ashoka Centre in Plymouth - links below
- Full details are on our website - links below
- Classes cost £6 each or purchase a class discount card for £30 and get six classes for the price of five
- Students get 50% discount on these classes - show your student ID on the door
- Ashoka Members - no charge
To Accompany Our Classes
You may wish to purchase "How to Solve Our Human Problems", by Buddhist Meditation Master and internationally renowned teacher, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
The books is available to purchase at our branch classes and from "Shop Ashoka" at Ashoka Centre, Plymouth. You can also purchase it online as an e-book or audio-book, as well as in hard print from Tharpa Publications: