Location and Timeframe:
I am a natural light, on location photographer. Together we will choose the perfect location for your session. Newborn sessions are held at home.
Family sessions are about 1 1/2 hours. Newborn sessions are 2 to 3 hours. I do in home sessions around 10 am when the light coming through the windows is the brightest. I prefer to do family sessions when the light is at it's best in the early morning or in the evening an hour before sunset.
Pricing and your Gallery:
Family Session: Your all-inclusive fee of $325 includes your on location photo session, up to 1 1/2 hours shooting time, and a minimum of 30 edited, high resolution digital files with printing rights. Sessions can take place in your home or at one of the many beautiful outdoor locations Central Ohio has to offer. Your images will be displayed in a private online gallery for viewing, sharing, and optional a la carte print and canvas ordering. You will be able to download your high resolution photos directly from your gallery
Newborn Sessions: Your all-inclusive fee of $375 includes your in-home session experience, up to 3 hours shooting time, and a minimum of 30 edited, high resolution digital files with printing rights. Your images will be displayed in a private online gallery for viewing, sharing, and optional a la carte print and canvas ordering. You will be able to download your high resolution photos directly from your gallery
My Style :
My work is authentic and sentimental with a fine art quality. As a trained fine art painter I imagine your family as fine art. I do not try to make you look perfect, stiff, or unnatural. I will never ask your child to "say cheese". I want to capture your authentic selves and tell the story of your family through images. I won't have you stand in stiff poses but I will guide you into real reactions. I like to get one shot of everyone looking at the camera but then you will hear me asking you to look at each other rather me. I will never ask your children to be anything but themselves. My sessions are fun and laid back with lots of guidance from me. You'll never feel uncomfortable or unsure of what you should be doing.
What to Wear to Your Session:
- First and foremost you should be comfortable. Your kids really should be comfortable or they won't be able to be their genuine selves. We are going to run, dance, and play during our photo shoot so make sure their clothing won't hinder them. It is certainly okay for your daughter to wear a dress as long as it is flowy and not constricting.
- Choose 1-3 colors with similar tones that go nicely together. Be careful not to overly match.
- Don't know where to start? This is Mom's time to shine! Mom should go out and buy her outfit, or choose her favorite from her closet. Then build the families outfits around Mom's.
- When choosing your colors look at your home decor. If you are planning on framing your photographs (which you absolutely should!) your clothes should go with the color scheme of your home. Or at least not clash with it.
- Limit patterns in your clothing choices. One person with a patterned shirt is often enough. It can be too distracting otherwise.
- Accessorize, Accessorize! Scarves, hats, jewelry, belts and layers you can interchange throughout the shoot are ways to give images in your shoot slightly different looks. Accessories also add texture to an image which really make it pop.
- Please avoid characters on your children's clothing. Characters, logos, and neon colors are very distracting and take away from the focus, your child's adorable face.
- Go HERE to see my Pinterest board of wardrobe ideas and inspiration.
Children are not usually fond of being told to pose or smile. It is best if we give them time to relax and capture their natural selves. Don't worry if your child is running about and active. Most of the images I take of children are captured while they are busy exploring. To get the family shots I simply direct the adults to simply "be" with the child, or hold the child and we go from there.
To get the most from your session make sure your little one has rested and has adequate snacks and water. We can take breaks for snacks and play but please bring dry, mess free snacks so their little faces stay clean for the session.
Offer a little reward for tolerating the session. The whole experience should be one of bonding and fun with a treat at the end.
Prepare your child for the session by letting them know a friend will be taking some photos of them. It's best not to surprise them. You can show them this photo of me so I'm not a total stranger
Prints, Albums, and Canvas Products:
You will receive a print release with all your digital photos so you can order print products from anywhere you choose. I do offer al a carte print products from a high quality print lab. I have lowered my prices to just above my costs as I want my families to enjoy the highest professional quality printing. If you order through me I can show you product types before you order, make cropping decisions, ensure color quality, and make sure you receive high quality products from one of the finest print labs.