We are so thankful for our customer-owners who participate in Operation Round Up. When you elect to round up your bill to the nearest dollar, you make an extraordinary impact in your community.
On average, participants contribute around $6 a year. That small amount has done GREAT things this year, funding worthy causes, such as:
- Support for families experiencing the loss of an infant.
- A wheechair-accessible van for children.
- Camp scholarships for 4-H students.
- Mentorship opportunities for at-risk high school students.
- Parent resources for the prevention of child abuse.
- Medications for individuals with cancer.
Congratulations to our newest retirees!
Larry Duffey (left) retired on September 29, after more than 30 years of service. He began his career in 1988 as a Meter Reader and held various positions of responsibility during his employment, retiring as a Warehouse Materials Handler. Larry also produced the music and sound for the Annual Meeting for many years. Best wishes and happiness for his retirement!
Joe Stewart (right) retired on August 22, after more than 30 years of service. He began his career in 1988 as a Heavy Equipment Operator and held various positions of responsibility during his employment, retiring as a Facilities Maintenance/Utility Person. We will miss seeing Joe's familiar face, and we wish him the best on his well-deserved retirement!
The winter rate structure is now in effect.
Winter Rates (November–April):
- First 700 kWh: $0.0852 per kWh
- Above 700 kWh: $0.0574 per kWh
GATE Card Exemption will expire soon
If you are currently receiving a GATE sales tax exemption, your card will expire on December 31, 2019. To continue receiving the exemption, send copies of your renewed GATE card to:
- Central Georgia EMC, Attn: Chris Mitchell
- 923 S. Mulberry Street, Jackson, GA 30233
- Fax: 770-504-7877
Load Management Program
We want to thank all customer-owners who participated in the 2019 Load Management Program. Participating customers will see a bill credit on their November statement ($20 for an air-conditioning switch and $10 for a water heater switch, with a $30 maximum annual credit).
Because of the high summer temperatures, CGEMC initiated load management 15 times between June 1 and August 31, 2019, for a total energy savings of about 1 million kilowatt-hours during peak energy use times!
If you are interested in taking part in the Load Management Program or would like more information, call us at 770-775-7857 or visit our website: www.cgemc.com.
Operation Round Up
In October, a total of $12,796 was awarded by the Central Georgia EMC Foundation to non-profit organizations in our service territory.
- KidsPeace National Centers of Georgia, Inc. - $2,500 - To provide activities that will allow the youth at KidPeace the opportunity to "just be kids."
- United in Faith Christian Ministry - $2,500 - To provide food boxes for those in need during the holiday season.
- Foundation for Financial Education Research and Outreach - $1,700 - To purchase software needed to improve the financial literacy of high school students as they transition from high school to college.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Heart of Georgia - $3,000 - To match costs for two youth in their first year of the mentorship program. Check out their video below!
- Side by Side Brain Injury Clubhouse - $3,096 - To provide service and support for individuals living with brain injury and their families.
Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations in our service territory are invited to submit an application to the Operation Round Up Foundation.
Through Operation Round Up, our members support local organizations with a mission to make our communities even better places to live, work, and dream big. By simply rounding up your monthly electric bill to the next dollar, you can join in! Our pennies add up to make BIG CHANGE!
Co-op Connections Card
Save on your next trip to the Georgia Aquarium with Co-op Connections!
Just a short drive away, the Georgia Aquarium offers once-in-a-lifetime aquatic encounters. Whether you dream of swimming with sharks or if watching the penguins waddle is more your speed, the Georgia Aquarium has something for everyone.
Are you a local business who would like to be included in Co-op Connections? Click the link below. It is simple and free!
Trim your holiday energy costs by choosing energy-efficient LED lights! LED lights use less energy and can last up to 40 seasons. You can connect up to 25 LED strings without overloading a wall socket!
Looking for more ways to save? Check out the 12 Days of Energy Savings from Energy.gov.