- Serves customers at 349 stores in 40 states and delivers worldwide to 44 countries.
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service and innovation.
- Ranked #72 in Fortune Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For®."
- In December 2013, Women's Wear Daily (WWD) reported Nordstrom as the top fashion retailer.
“These core values include: Creating a customer-first service mentality. Producing an honest and ethical way of doing business. Delivering compelling value. Treating people with respect. Rewarding hard work and results. Choosing to err on the customer’s behalf.”
― Robert Spector, The Nordstrom Way to Customer Service Excellence: The Handbook For Becoming the "Nordstrom" of Your Industry
Nordstrom VS Macy's VS Dillards
- Nordstrom's revenue has been continuously increasing, advancing a further 7.5% in fiscal 2016 to $14.4 billion
- Full-price net sales in full-line Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack increased 2.7%, while off-price sales in Nordstrom Rack climbed 9.9%.
- It's program of net store openings continues- in 2015 they added 2 stores in relatively untapped Canada in Ottawa and Vancouver. Plus 27 Nordstrom Rack stores.
- The chain also plans to open its first full-line store Manhattan -- an important, high-profile retail market -- in 2019.
Retail Management Internship