What is a healthy diet?
- A healthy diet is eating a balanced diet that includes all the different food groups.
- Drink water or nonfat milk instead of soda and energy drinks.
- Avoid high percentage of lunch meats and sausages.
- Increase eating dark green vegetables.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Eat normal proteins for breakfast.
- Limit fats and sugars.
- Add fruit to your diet.
Why is a healthy diet important?
A healthy diet is important for the following reasons:
- Reduces the risk of disease like diabetes, some cancers, and heart disease.
- Maintains a healthy weight.
- Helps the organs work effectively.
- Gives you more energy.
- Helps you to think clearly.
- Helps with body growth
- Help you heal quicker
The MyPlate graphic gives dietary recommendations to maintain good health. Recommendations for my age group are grain: 10 ounces vegetables: 4 cups of vegetables and three cups of fruit and four cups of dairy and 7.5 ounces of proteins. For fat we could use healthy oils like olive oil and canola oil. Limit butter and avoid trans fat.
How can eating a healthy diet affect my ability to live a healthy and balanced life?
A healthy diet helps me to maintain a healthy weight and to live healthy and balanced life. Eating a healthy diet affects my ability to play sports i like such as football or basketball. Eating a healthy breakfast every morning helps me to think clearly throughout the day. If I continue to eat a healthy diet, I will be able to have a good future working as a coach for a sports team.