Moving Day & Closing Day
You have been provided with a moving check-list that outlines week by week what should be packed and when. Use this for preparing your packing, storage and moving day.
- Depending on your new home, you may decide to move prior to closing day or on closing day.
- You have up until approximately 12 noon to 1 PM to vacate your belongings and leave the home for the new buyers. Closing is typically completed between 12 - 5 PM. Best to be prepared early and allow the new owners time to move in.
- One this day, all items (unless stated otherwise in the offer) are to be removed from the home.
- Often buyers will have moving companies arrange to pick up their items in the morning of moving day. Depending on your closing dates with your new home, you may move items on the morning of closing day, or you have been doing the moving prior to closing day.
Moving Arrangements can vary in cost. It is best to contact a few moving companies for quotes. Options can be as simple and inexpensive as renting a truck yourself, to hiring a company and moving team who handle all the details. Here are a few options for movers and storage. Click Here: Frog Box, Boxes, Storage Centers, Go-Mini, Pods, U-Haul, Budget, Enterprise, Discount, Campbell (recommended for long distance moves). There are many options available. Feel free to inquire about options for different situations, I can help direct you!
- Closing day can only be on a business day. No weekends or holidays.
- The closing lawyer is responsible for facilitating the closing transaction.
- The sellers will be required to meet with the lawyer in person 1 - 3 days prior to the closing day, to hand over keys, and sign all documents for closing.
- This is the day that the purchase of the home is finalized and completed.
- The title of land will be transferred to the buyers, and funds to purchase the home will be transferred to the sellers.