Benefits for students
This program provides students with an authentic audience to express their voice and an opportunity to enhance their collaboration, creativity and 21st century digital communication skills.
Benefits for educators
This program with help educators enhance their teaching strategies, gain new skills, and collaborate with like-minded educators and youth media experts to enable their students to express themselves using digital tools and to create media with a personally meaningful purpose.
A series of free face to face and online workshop session will help teachers learn more about the software and how to facilitate its use within the project.
Face to Face session - Friday May 26, Kensington Town Hall - 30-34 Bellair St, Kensington
Online session 1 - Wednesday 14th June, 4PM to 5PM via https://my.adobeconnect.com/tkitchen
Online session 2 - Tuesday 15th August - changed from 17th - (4PM - 5PM) via https://my.adobeconnect.com/tkitchen
Online session 3 - Tuesday 12th September (4PM - 5PM ) via https://my.adobeconnect.com/tkitchen
A series of self-paced online workshops on the Adobe software of choice will also be recommended.
To be eligible to participate, schools need to:
- Be a Victorian State Government School;
- Have the support of the School Principal;
- Have at least one teacher willing to support the students and take part in the associated professional learning activities;
- Have at least one group of students (Years 4 to 9 ) involved in the task (maximum of 5 groups per school for the Showcase);
- Ensure that all students have had a Victorian Government and an Adobe Release form (to be provided) signed by a parent or guardian;
- Have access to, or a plan to access, basic media production equipment and resources such as cameras (video & still), tablet devices, laptops and/or desktop that will run some of the suggested Adobe applications;
- Have experience in facilitating, or an interest in learning, new strategies for project-based learning;
- Have a strong belief in student-centred community and social change projects;
- Be passionate about sharing student perspectives and voices; and
- Be committed to engaging students in rigorous exploration of topics of their own choosing that are relevant and meaningful to their lives.