Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- PTO Reading Superheroes Night: Friday, April 21st from 6:45-8:00pm at BCES - You must preregister for this event!
- Korthase Sugar Bush Field Trip: Thursday, April 27th from 12:30-3:00
- BCES PTO Carnival: Friday, April 28th from 6-8pm at the high school
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
Rambler Red Homework
I will text a small homework assignment to you for the kids to complete sometime during the week and return to school when it's done. When they complete the assignment, they will receive a red bead for their Brag Tag necklaces. This is not required- it is a way for kids to share with you something we are working on in school and a way to earn another bead for their necklaces (which they get really excited about).
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Please be sure to ask your child how their headphones are working. There are several kids who may need a new pair.
- Don't forget to check your child's STAR Folder each night- there are many times I send paperwork home during the week. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! Also, please be sure that they have their STAR Folder with them every day.
- Thank you to the families that sent in PTO Raffle box donations. It is very appreciated.
- Sugar Bush Field Trip- Please contact me if you can volunteer to help out on this field trip. Parents - plan to meet us at the Sugar Bush at about 12:00 (5108 Korthase Road) or you can ride the bus with us. We are also sending home a price list if you would like to purchase items from the Sugar Bush. (PS- the maple cream is AMAZING!) Please send in a check (The Korthase Brothers) or exact change for your items.