The cottage must include, 1 master bedroom, 1 guest room, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, 1 bathroom.
The paint calculation = Front - window/door + Side - window/door (2) + Back= The amount of paint. Side is multiplied by 2 because my sides are the same.
- Front = length * width
- Front = 3 * 10 = 30m^2
- Window = length * width
- Window = 2 * 1 = 2
- Window * 2 = 4
- Door = length * width
- Door = 2 * 1 = 2
- Door + Window = 4
- Front - Door/Window = 30 - 6 = 24
- FRONT = 24m^2
- Side = length * width
- Side = 8 * 5 = 40
- Window = length * width * 2
- Window = 4 * 1 = 4
- Side - Window = 40 - 4 = 36m^2
- Side * 2 = 36 * 2 = 72m^2
- Side = 72m^2
- BACK :
- Back = length * width
- Back = 3 * 10 = 30m^2
- Back - 30m^2
Final Paint: Front + Side + Back = Paint amount
- Final Paint: 24 + 72 + 24 = 120m^2
- 1 can of paint covers 40m^2
- So 3, cans of paint = 120m^2 and will fill the all area.
- He will have to buy 3 cans of paint which is 60 euro.
The shingles calculation = slant height * height = meters cubed then adapted to the numbers of bundles needed.
The total bundles of shingles needed is 6.
The last step is to figure out the amount of heat that must be produced by the radiators. To figure it out you need to find the VOLUME: lenght * width * height.
- Length = 10m
- Width = 8m
- Height = 3m
- l*w = 80 meters
- 80 m * height = 240 meters^3
- 240 meters^3 is the volume
- Thought 1m^3 is 1.5 euro
- So 240*1.5 = 360 euros for the heating of one month
- But we have to do it 3 months in a row
- So 1080 euro of heating.
The total amount of money Mr.v should pay is 960 euro. 360+540+60= total.
In conclusion, Mr.V's cottage will cost 1080 euro for the heating + 540 euro for the shingles and another 60 euro for the 3 cans of paint. It will be a total of 1680 euro which ends up being a very reasonable price for an big part of the cottage.