I started my project off with the idea and goal of making a teapot. So I rolled out slabs that were at the plastic stage in its clay journey. I left the slabs on a plaster board over night so they would become leather-hard.

Once my slabs were leather-hard I cut out 16 or so triangles that I would slip and score together to create the shape of my teapot
Once I had the first part of my teapot done I noticed that the shape I had planned on making was no longer there
So I changed my idea from a teapot to a box since my clay had gone from leather-hard to almost greenware
This was my second attempt of making a lid for my box because the first one I made blew up in the kiln when it was fired the first time :(
Here is my bisqueware box without a lid. After my second attempt I realized that after it would be fired to bisqueware it would not fit my box
And finally here is the finished product of my glaze ware box! I used the glaze Forest Moss on the inside. For the outside I used a combination of two layers of Old Copper and one Camel layer. I'm still in the process of perfecting my box by sanding down a glaze bubble that formed on the bottom during its second firing.

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.